Stay Away From thepartsmonster On eBay or anywhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Please do! 6 or V8? Luggage rack? 4 or 5 lug? Got the rear facing 3rd seat? What trim series?
Here's a few I found real quick, this is the way I got it all original, I since then put a complete CBR front end on it, built a 700r for it, came with a 194 IL6 but I have a 250 I was going to build up, then I moved and never got time to work on it, always something else, lol..

https://racer025.imgur.com/all/

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I quit dealing with/on eBay before this century was born.. The ordeal also soured me for online purchases in general.. 99% of the time, if I can't find it locally, or at least within travel distance, I do without.

Thats an expensive way to go, even after shipping from rockauto most parts are still half the price of local parts stores.

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
i didnt read this whole thread but with talk of using ebay and paypal i just want to make mention of some security risks.

when using paypal or orther online purchases please attach your credit card not your debit card or checking account.

if someone gets ahold of your paypal and spends your money it a whole lot easier to claim fraudulent charges with a CC company than with a bank.

also please use double authentication (or two factor authentication) with your paypal account. (that means when you go to log in it will send you a text with a code you have to put in so you can authenticate) this way its much harder for someone to get your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...r-my-paypal-powered-by-braintree-user-faq3500

buddy of mine got his account hacked. had his debit card attached to his paypal. they spent over 3k worth of stuff. was able to stop it on the bank side but paypal would not claim them as fraudulent so he cant use paypal anymore cuz they think he owes them 3k.

so be careful out there.

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Thats an expensive way to go, even after shipping from rockauto most parts are still half the price of local parts stores.
That's all well and good, but with the crappy quality of today's Chinese parts, the expense and hassle of returning just isn't worth it to me.. When I leave the parts house with my parts, I'm pretty much assured the parts will fit.. Not only that, I'd rather keep the money flowing within my state and community than to have it wind up in the cash register of some foreign country..

Here's a good example.. Just last week, one of the headlight adjustment mechanisms failed on my 35 year old square body.. I decided to replace all 8 of them.. At 2 to a package all 8 cost me about $12.00 at the local independent parts house about 2 miles from my house. As I was re-adjusting one of the lights, one of the new adjusters failed, threads in the plastic part stripped out.. 30 minutes later, I had the replacement installed and the truck was back in the garage.... I'll leave it to you to figure how long the wait would be (including time to conclude the "warranty replacement process", to have fully functioning headlights..

Don't bother trying to change my mind.. You'd have better success at using a baseball bat to revive a dead horse.. lol...

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I quit dealing with/on eBay before this century was born.. The ordeal also soured me for online purchases in general.. 99% of the time, if I can't find it locally, or at least within travel distance, I do without.

And it's better for the local businesses/economy.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Reminds me of the center console....:anitoof:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
That's all well and good, but with the crappy quality of today's Chinese parts, the expense and hassle of returning just isn't worth it to me.. When I leave the parts house with my parts, I'm pretty much assured the parts will fit.. Not only that, I'd rather keep the money flowing within my state and community than to have it wind up in the cash register of some foreign country..

Here's a good example.. Just last week, one of the headlight adjustment mechanisms failed on my 35 year old square body.. I decided to replace all 8 of them.. At 2 to a package all 8 cost me about $12.00 at the local independent parts house about 2 miles from my house. As I was re-adjusting one of the lights, one of the new adjusters failed, threads in the plastic part stripped out.. 30 minutes later, I had the replacement installed and the truck was back in the garage.... I'll leave it to you to figure how long the wait would be (including time to conclude the "warranty replacement process", to have fully functioning headlights..

Don't bother trying to change my mind.. You'd have better success at using a baseball bat to revive a dead horse.. lol...

Return depends on your parts, I had two bad cts from a vendor I called them each time first they sent a new didn't ask for the old one back, second time I requested a refund and bought local at 3x the price for the warranty. While agree with you on the Chinese parts those same parts stores are selling the same Chinese **** just at a higher price. Some of the venders online sell the same AC Delco parts you are buying from the store for less money. If you are buying parts from a franchise store chances are the money is going overseas too. Unless your are going to buy local from family owned and local only stores chances are it's not staying in your community.

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Return depends on your parts, I had two bad cts from a vendor I called them each time first they sent a new didn't ask for the old one back, second time I requested a refund and bought local at 3x the price for the warranty. While agree with you on the Chinese parts those same parts stores are selling the same Chinese **** just at a higher price. Some of the venders online sell the same AC Delco parts you are buying from the store for less money. If you are buying parts from a franchise store chances are the money is going overseas too. Unless your are going to buy local from family owned and local only stores chances are it's not staying in your community.
:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Here's a few I found real quick, this is the way I got it all original, I since then put a complete CBR front end on it, built a 700r for it, came with a 194 IL6 but I have a 250 I was going to build up, then I moved and never got time to work on it, always something else, lol..

https://racer025.imgur.com/all/
Dang. I'm not getting anything to show up. Tried searching on imgur too....

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Dang. I'm not getting anything to show up. Tried searching on imgur too....
Try this, that place sucks..

You must be registered for see images attach

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Try this, that place sucks..
WOW. That is NICE! Great condition. I've had a few of those, but none were in that kind of shape. The luggage rack and spare tire cover were two things I couldn't ever find at a decent condition/price. Looks like you have a good one there... Is that a dealer installed A/C?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
WOW. That is NICE! Great condition. I've had a few of those, but none were in that kind of shape. The luggage rack and spare tire cover were two things I couldn't ever find at a decent condition/price. Looks like you have a good one there... Is that a dealer installed A/C?
Thanks, car was all original and rust free, roof rack is gone now. A/C was a dealer install but it was no good so I **** canned it, figure I'd put a Vintage Air in, front end is the best part now...

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks, car was all original and rust free, roof rack is gone now. A/C was a dealer install but it was no good so I **** canned it, figure I'd put a Vintage Air in, front end is the best part now...
Stop thowing away parts from it!!! Lol. Man, working or not, I've never even seen a dealer installed A/C on one of the early Novas. Did it have power steering assist too? I think only the 62s came with it. Got pics of the front end? Again, that thing is in awesome shape....

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Stop thowing away parts from it!!! Lol. Man, working or not, I've never even seen a dealer installed A/C on one of the early Novas. Did it have power steering assist too? I think only the 62s came with it. Got pics of the front end? Again, that thing is in awesome shape....
Nope didn't have it, A/C was the only option. This is the front end, plus I added the upper arms and coil overs, I can't get into the site where I keep my pics right now and that Imgur is a POS, didn't want to plaster the whole page with pics, lol..

http://www.churchboysracing.com/62-67-rackpinion-conversion/

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nope didn't have it, A/C was the only option. This is the front end, plus I added the upper arms and coil overs, I can't get into the site where I keep my pics right now and that Imgur is a POS, didn't want to plaster the whole page with pics, lol..

http://www.churchboysracing.com/62-67-rackpinion-conversion/
Plaster away! I don't mind. Lol. That's one nice setup there. Dude down the road from me put in a front straight axle. I've always dug that old school, gasser look, but his handles worse than stock. Yours is probably way more practical.... Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85