Greetings from Seattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C10_Blackie

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome from Bellingham! Nice truck, fellow ‘81 C10 owner here. Let me know if you’re ever up this way!
Will certainly do. I notice you said you were a Michigan transplant in another thread - me too: migrated out here in 1995, originally from the Birmingham area.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Will certainly do. I notice you said you were a Michigan transplant in another thread - me too: migrated out here in 1995, originally from the Birmingham area.
Yep! Sounds like we would have a bit to talk about. I was born outside of Flint, and lived in Atlas/Goodrich. After my parents divorced, my mom moved us to Waterford/Pontiac area, and in my 20s I moved to Kalamazoo where I met my wife. Since I was into Mountaineering/alpine climbing at the time, my job was able to transfer me to the Portland area, with my ultimate destination to be Bellingham for proximity to the North Cascades.

If you are ever in need of some help, we could plan out a day for me to come down. I haven’t read all the other responses, so apologies if someone suggested this, but I don’t think a trip to the mechanic is necessary. Just a jack and jackstands will do for starters. You don’t need a mechanic to tell you if your brake hoses are dry rotted, or that your brake pads are too thin. Get under her and roll around a bit, take a look around and report what you see.

That’s what the forum is for! Ask questions and everyone here aims to be helpful IMHO. I’ve had some great experiences myself with that. And don’t forget to post pictures when you see something, they speak a thousand words when you’re trying to describe something you don’t understand. They also relay your success so we can root for ya!

Sorry for babbling. Have a good one, and shoot me a message anytime.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Welcome from DFW Texas. @C10_Blackie don’t worry, you can do it! The folks here have been helping us for over 2 1/2 years and its so much fun to learn all the stuff you didn't know!

Easton loves his truck and the experience..

Randy and E

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8439.jpeg
    IMG_8439.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 17

C10_Blackie

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A quick follow-up - I ended up taking it to Rob over at Luke's in Redmond and he's been giving it a look. So far he's been able to tell me that it's a keeper so I've got a service manual on order and here we go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod