???Sound system for 85 chevy K30????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I think you've got good stuff collected here. One thing to consider is you could often times save yourself some money by buying the front speakers & tweets together as a component set instead of purchasing seperately. These Kickers are an example http://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KS5...FBrand|Rockford+Fosgate&nvpair=FFBrand|Kicker

Also, that enclosure is 8" deep a the bottom, so make sure that won't interfere with your seat position. I haven't measured how deep the shelf is back there, but it doesn't seem like it's 8". If you need your seat all the way back, this could be an issue that could be resolved with a taller, more-shallow box with a shallow sub.

Which what you have shown, I would run the fronts off the radio power, the rears from the "Front" output of the amp and the bridge the "Rear" output down to 1-channel to run the sub.

What you may also want to consider is installing the stereo and the front & rear speakers to see how that sounds w/out the amp & sub. See how you like the clarity & volume like that. If the highs and mids are satisfactory, you could leave it like that and get yourself a mono (1-channel) amp that is dedicated to your sub and save some $$ that way also.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Thanks Derek
when the time comes to get started on it be advised to exspect go be getting some pm's lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I need to talk to bossman about a stereo in the rollback. It's an aftermarket POS. Only 1 OEM speaker is working in the cab behind the passenger. Behind the driver, and 2 front OEM dash speakers not working. Today was slow around town, so I offered to do some out of town CoParts pick up stuff so I could salvage a day since I'm secondary on call this week, not primary. For those long 2-2 1/2 hour drives each way, I'll need a good system to hear traffic reports and bad weather reports so I don't drive into a tornado, or sit and have one hit me. I hope he falls for that excuse. :rofl: The stereo only picks up about 5 stations. 4 are country, and 1 is espanol. Without Classic Rock, I'd fall asleep and be snoozin and cruzin while I was hookin and bookin !!!! :happy175:

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
I worked at an audio shop installing systems and building custom enclosures for a couple of years. We sold ALOT of JVC head unit's....BUT we sent a lot of them back on warranty also. They seemed to develop an issue after a couple of months with the ejectors shitting out. Not sure if they ever corrected the issue or not, but keep an eye on it. In my experience with the issue it was with all their head units no matter which model, and it would always do it within the first couple of months so it still should be under warranty.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
ive always had problems with the sonys ejectors shtting out lol

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
ok fellers a little change of plans with the set up. Got the truck on the road and legal, decided I couldnt wait any longer for some tunes so I made a trip to the wal-mart and bought an el cheapo.

Now heres my problem, how much air space is needed for the 6X9's? The peak wats are 230 watt 4 ohm. The 6.5" are 200W Max 4 ohm. I am thinking I still want to put the 6.5's in the doors, and the 6X9's behind the seat in the corners. I am questioning what size boxes I need for the seat to still go all the way back, Not planning on buying the boxes trying to save some cash and just build them but need a little help here.

Is there anything special I need to mount the 6.5's in the doors?
BTW I Like the front USB port thats cool as ****. the whole kit deal was only $75 BUX
attachment.php

Attachments

• Stereo.jpg
    Stereo.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 332

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for a budget system. Why not put the round ones in the doors and the 6.9's in boxes behin he seat?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for a budget system. Why not put the round ones in the doors and the 6.9's in boxes behin he seat?

ugh that is the plan, but the boxes for the 6X9's do not fit well behind the seat unless I scoot the seat up. So I needing the measurements for building boxes for the 6X9's that will fit with the seat all the way back.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
If you haven't installed anything yet I can show you what I have done with my 6x9s and other speakers in my truck, you may like to see. it took a lot of trial and error and I know how frustrating it is to redo a speaker setup cuz ya don't like it!

inbowhunter713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you haven't installed anything yet I can show you what I have done with my 6x9s and other speakers in my truck, you may like to see. it took a lot of trial and error and I know how frustrating it is to redo a speaker setup cuz ya don't like it!

Sorry to hijack but id like to see what you've done as Im getting ready to upgrade my truck. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
Ha sure thing! As much time as I've spent figuring out how to do something wrong I'd be glad to help someone the first time around

inbowhunter713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Pm'd ya! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:Nonono:Oh No No !!! :Nonono: We won't have the pm ******** here. :shitsweak: Get it out here in public so we can all see it. :Sumo:

:grd::grd::grd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia