Removal of emissions....or not...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Dayco Poly Rib

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
Thank you very much Bucket

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
He oughta be ashamed, you commie bastards plotting to remove emmsions off your rides and screw up our air !!! Don't you care about your grand kids. :happy175: Hotrodpc for President !!! Fully backed and endorsed by Al and Tipper Gore. No cussing on video games either you muther fuggers !!! And no violance !!! :laughing1:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No no, Bucket for president! I'll fix the economy, put food on everyone's plates, a roof over their heads and a few Chevys in every driveway!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sorry bruh, No endorsements, you won't win. Gotta have a group of lobbyists or no go. I'll fix the economy too, start offshore drilling and put millions of Americans back to work with good paying jobs, the gas prices fall to the $1.25 a gallon again, and watch this economy thrive and take off like no other.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, it all comes down to the price of gas. Take it down to where it used to be and folks will have more money to spend because the price of everything will go back down. If they have more money, they have to spend it elsewhere (hardly anyone saves). Then BAM! Every business is thriving (rather than just the fuel nazis) and everyone has jobs.

It's so simple but it will never happen:shitsweak:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, I've said it all along, fuel prices is what killed the economy. The banks could still be making bad loans, and the big 3 automakers would still be selling their gas guzzling SUV's and doing just fine if fuel prices would have come down after Katrina but they didn't. Obama, rather than the billions spent on cash for clunckers, would have subsidized fuel costs instead so that EVERY American driver and family got help, the economy would thrive. People would travel, stay in hotels, buy new cars, fly on vacations etc and all would be just fine. But hey, I have a handicapped ramp at every friggin corner in my city now. Just no sidewalk to go with them, so what good are they??? Dumbfuks in Washington !!! :flipthebird:

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
I just wish like hell they'd lower the fuel prices again so I could enjoy driving my truck and not have to hear the Cheching cheching every time I go 1/10 of a mile. Less spent on gas means more spent on getting my body drop done!!! Finishing my frame would probably be enough spent in steel to employ 5 more people at a steel factory!!! LOL

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If I ever get the $5000 to invest in the conversion, I wanna go CNG on a square. I have towed 2 AT&T trucks to the CNG station cuz they let it get to low and ran out of fuel. I wathched them fill up for .78 cents a gallon and they said they get about 15 mpg, in 2011 E250's that are loaded heavy as hell. That is what was so heavy that is pulled the front wheels off the ground on my roll back about 1 1/2 feet in the air. To get 15mpg and be that heavy, and that much wind drag is awesome in itself, and then to be paying .78 cents a gallon. And that is an open to the public station.

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
I've been looking into other power plant ideas lately also. Not anything quite like that. I've been thinking about a diesel or a newer LS engine. Not quite sure though. I've heard the chevy 6.5L turbo diesel is a gutless turd but gets 20 MPG. Not sure how true that is though. As far as the LS series engine, the 6.0L has been looking pretty tempting. I also just learned today that I have a guy locally that can make me about any harness for a 300 dollar flat rate. That's making the LS even more tempting. Plenty of power with a bit of mileage.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been looking into other power plant ideas lately also. Not anything quite like that. I've been thinking about a diesel or a newer LS engine. Not quite sure though. I've heard the chevy 6.5L turbo diesel is a gutless turd but gets 20 MPG. Not sure how true that is though. As far as the LS series engine, the 6.0L has been looking pretty tempting. I also just learned today that I have a guy locally that can make me about any harness for a 300 dollar flat rate. That's making the LS even more tempting. Plenty of power with a bit of mileage.

That sounds about on target for the 6.5 and the 6.2 also for that matter. Good mpg, but they are gutless, and they also do not tolerate abuse. They will handle some work, but just flat out abuse and neglect they will fail. Seems to me the 6.0 are quite pricey for everyone wanting to do this conversion. I myself would go with the 5.3 since they are so much more plentiful, which usually means lower price and much easier to find. I think a 5.3 with all the electronics would run well in your dually. Granted the 6.0 would give you more torque for that bigger truck, but I too have heard the 6.0 is quite thirsty in comparison to the 5.3.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Talkin about conversions. I have been kicking around the idea of a 12 valve swap with a nv4500 or the 6 speed version for my 86 3/4. Getting the motor and other parts arent really that hard but im wanting to know if anybody knows of a company that sells the mounts and a ready made harness.

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
I had kicked around the idea of the 12 valve also. That swap can get expensive quick. The best route I found for the 12 valve swap was to find an old beat up 2wd truck for cheap with the setup in it stock and than switch it all over.
As for engine mounts I was just going to make a set when I thought about that. The harness shouldn't be to hard to modify if you can get a hold of a stock harness.

Joeairforce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
6.2L N/A Diesel
Talkin about conversions. I have been kicking around the idea of a 12 valve swap with a nv4500 or the 6 speed version for my 86 3/4. Getting the motor and other parts arent really that hard but im wanting to know if anybody knows of a company that sells the mounts and a ready made harness.

www.destroked.com

EDIT: Well they show they have them for 88 and up anyway...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamberttt