Deleting emissions,read this article.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Emissions laws apply to all vehicles that came with emissions,do some research.Check it,it's federal law not state law, if it was there it has to be there.Its like State and Federal taxes. Just because your state is exempt,only means it exempts some vehicles from periodic testing is all. It's still illegal,just keep that in mind. They don't inspect your guns either but you'd be a fool to go on the internet and say,they don't inspect my guns in Texas so I made them all full auto.
I've never seen, or even heard of, Feds pulling over or inspecting vehicles for emissions.
Even when I've worked at Federal or Military Installations.
Have you?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So just because you've never seen it, means. it doesn't happen. Got it. Nobody ever gets fined and nobodys registration or right to sell their vehicle gets impeded either. That man from N H. sure didn't know, thats why he got caught. Sure it doesn't happen a lot, but with all the attention the E.V.s are getting our old junk just keeps becoming better targets. The EPA even has snitch programs now so soccer moms can report potential polluting vehicles, they just need your plate number. If you're going to break laws that make us a bigger target, just be quiet about it. And for those who say it doesnt happen wont happen etc. Drive the car to your states highway patrol and show em and tell em, because they might not do anything. Get it, don't poke the bear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-21_165918.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21_165918.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21_165906.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21_165906.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21_165855.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21_165855.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21_165804.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21_165804.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
I see it becoming a growth industry for the nanny state if this trajectory towards intolerance continues.

Sgt Gus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 3/4 ton
Engine Size
454ci/7.4L
And on this page pops up a recycle your oem cat converters

Sgt Gus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 3/4 ton
Engine Size
454ci/7.4L
This has more emissions than our trucks.
I'll tell the officer & judge to test her?

Attachments

• 20231121_161903.jpg
    20231121_161903.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 20

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
So, when did cat-cons start being used on the C10?

Mine has all the factory manifolds and warmers and this & that but no convertors.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
:bleh::driver::favorites37:dont ya just love libs they just cant help them selves...................................they must push there B/S ( ER FORCE ) is more like it...............

Backyard

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
yup its not difficult to keep/put cats on you old truck if it came with them i have mine. here in ontario its a fine at the moment for tampering with emissions. The fine would easly pay just to have the parts on the truck. i would rather walk away with a smile from being pulled over with a compliant vehicle.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Why are you worrying about this crap! You live in Kansas. I get the FED part of being legal. They are after the diesels and the companies selling the delete kits. If you go by a new car, or truck and remove all the pollution control equipment, and change the tuning. Then yes you will run the risk of a fine or worse. Not to mention violating the warranty. THEY have been coming for our guns since before I was born. They still haven't. As long as the GOV. get their kickbacks from the industries they support they could give a crap about us bottom feeders and our classic cars and trucks. Check out the SEMA web site and see the support the politicians give us hobbyist. I think you have been listening to Glen Beck too much. :)

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Why are you worrying about this crap! You live in Kansas. I get the FED part of being legal. They are after the diesels and the companies selling the delete kits. If you go by a new car, or truck and remove all the pollution control equipment, and change the tuning. Then yes you will run the risk of a fine or worse. Not to mention violating the warranty. THEY have been coming for our guns since before I was born. They still haven't. As long as the GOV. get their kickbacks from the industries they support they could give a crap about us bottom feeders and our classic cars and trucks. Check out the SEMA web site and see the support the politicians give us hobbyist. I think you have been listening to Glen Beck too much. :)
Buy a fully automatic weapon made after 1986. Oh you can't can you?, you could 1986 and prior., and they're trying for more restrictions. EPA is trying to keep racecars emissions compliant. I just want people to quit drawing attention to all of us. I don't want my vehicles to be the next target. All they'd have to do is bring back Vehicle Inspections, they wouldn't even have to be a sniffer test just a visual. I failed lots of cars for no cats, wrong air cleaners etc. When I did MVIs

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
3 types of pullution.
(1) Embedded, everything that is made until the vehicle gets to your door.
(2) Usage, What comes out the exhaust and oil drips.
(3) Disposal, what is generated when the vehicle is scrapped or plastics end up in a landfill.

number 1 and 2 greatly outweigh our older trucks, most of our old stuff is comprised of parts from multiple vehicles using recycled wrecking yard parts (I'm at parts from 6 different trucks for my square so far)

us kepping our old stuff on the road is more green than buying new stuff every few years, heck my LS swapped square even gets better mileage than in stock form.

junk throw away crap vehicles are way worse than old stuff, why dont they mandate that every car must be built solid and parts interchange for more years.

what about all the wrecked Teslas and other electric cars where do they go, recently on a trip through Olympia WA I saw many (10+) wadded up electric cars sitting in peoples front yard, where are they going to go? landfill or recycle? or parted out in a wrecking yard?

these virtue signaling people piss me off and I've had many arguments with them about there suppposed zero emission bullcrap cars, I call them remote emission vehicles because these greenies cant see the emissions they think they dont exist.

Last edited:

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Will this B/S ever stop .............emissions .....BLAH....... burn more oil black soot........... oh the heck with it burn the friggin tires YAAAAAAAAA.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D ..

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I would be willing to bet that turning a set of junkyard tires into a global warming stopping sun blocking smoke cloud is probably better for the enviroment than purchasing a set of newly manufactured tires.

I'm no engineer and I havent stayed in a motel 6 for many years but hear me out.

I believe the rubber for tires come from a tree, said tree is probably cut down with a gas burning chainsaw, than some kind of fuel burning equipmemt probably drags and stacks the tree onto a loading deck to sit until another fuel consuming piece of equipment loads it onto another fuel burning truck to transport to a facility that turns it into some kind of base product using electricity and possibly another gas LNG, Propane for heat, than said refined product get loaded probably onto a barge or possibly a cargo ship using some form of fuel, sent to another country and is again processed into the end product( a tire) using electricity and probably LNG or propane again, before being shipped to wherever the wholeseller is located, probably a container ship, to be delivered to a warehouse by semi getting 5 MPG, where a piece of equipment onloads to stockpile, than again reloads it onto another semi truck to be delivered to the shop that installs it.

how much polution and gasses are created in making a freakin tire? the .gov only gives a crap because they can use it as a means of control, if they really gave a crap they wouldnt allow the china "work one time" plastic junk to be imported

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
You know, I probably wouldn't mind it so much if the requirements were actually logical. i.e., they care about emissions? Then test emissions. Do a tailpipe sniffer test, who cares what the truck has or doesn't have. I'll bet a nice, shiny nickel that a 1976 with all of the factory original smog gear doing 0-30 mph in 5 seconds will produce more pounds of crud than a well tuned 6.0 vortec with no "emissions" devices doing the same thing.

Its as bad as the "assault weapons" bans that ban rifles based on the grip angle and flash hider vs anything that actually contributes to rate of fire...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe