Power locks/Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red84k10

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just re-wired mine this weekend. Not sure on a 85 but on 84's there is a ground block behind the driverside a.c. vent. The power window switch wire harness grounds there. Mine had came off and my windows would not work but my volt meter was showing 12 volts going in and coming out of the switch. Plugged it back up and Presto my windows started working again. If there is a poor connection there it could cause the windows to go up & down slowly. Hope this helps.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, I'm aware of he Ground Junction Block on the driver side kick panel behind the far left AC vent. That was the first thing I checked after rewiring new pigtails and switches to mine.

My deal was, I bought the truck from the PO who was an 18yo kid that cut the wires off. So I had bare wires hanging out of the switch holes and no connectors and no switches. He said they quit working and he was trying to fix them. So I knew I had troubleshooting to do even After I got new pigtails with the connectors installed and new switches. So cleaning my grounds I had done even before I finally found pigtails at Pull A Part. That may have been the problem, but the dumb kid just butchered up the damn wiring so I had fix his **** first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazermaniac