Obd1 cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Where’s the best place to buy an Aldl cable. There’s some on eBay for $50+ but I don’t wanna pay that much and I don’t wanna make my own. Is there any options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Those are your only two options on that besides sourcing a used one. The ones from ALDL cable are sixty now. I had reservations about doing the homemade cable, but after a little positive encouragement on here and setting my mind to doing it, it was very easy. I'm glad I didn't dish out octuple, give or take, what I paid for the little Chinese FTDI cable.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Those are your only two options on that besides sourcing a used one. The ones from ALDL cable are sixty now. I had reservations about doing the homemade cable, but after a little positive encouragement on here and setting my mind to doing it, it was very easy. I'm glad I didn't dish out octuple, give or take, what I paid for the little Chinese FTDI cable.
which one did you use, the converter I used constantly disconnects while driving.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Where’s the best place to buy an Aldl cable. There’s some on eBay for $50+ but I don’t wanna pay that much and I don’t wanna make my own. Is there any options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Close your eyes hold out your hands and wish really really hard...... lol jk

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
The cheapest one's will have issues as they use copied chips that drivers do not work with correctly unless some entries in the .ini file are edited. Mine worked well, but it still cost around $15 due to having to buy a connecter for obd port.

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
They seem to have discontinued the one I used. It looks different than most of the ones you see on fleaBay, Amazon, and the like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011CDF3W8?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

Looks like the same one I bought.

The cheapest one's will have issues as they use copied chips that drivers do not work with correctly unless some entries in the .ini file are edited. Mine worked well, but it still cost around $15 due to having to buy a connected for obd port.

the one I bought was $10 on flea bay

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
The ones less than $4 usually suspect to have some issues. I have one, but have to use older driver for it to work.

Looks like the same one I bought.

the one I bought was $10 on flea bay

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I ended up ordering from OBD1 diagnostics. Not cheap at $60 but I'm at the point in my project where I'm not willing to risk any potential problems with a less expensive cable. I'm sure many other cables have worked fine for people but that's the route I am going.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I ended up ordering from OBD1 diagnostics. Not cheap at $60 but I'm at the point in my project where I'm not willing to risk any potential problems with a less expensive cable. I'm sure many other cables have worked fine for people but that's the route I am going.

if its not to late you might want to look and see if that cable is compatible with moates burners if you ever want to tune your own chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benn95