New trucks are no longer trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
We are one of the fattest and most unhealthy of all industrialized countries. Where's the mini-winch and harness to pull the driver up into the bed...God forbid they have to climb in and unload something.

If I could give this one 2 Likes I would! I can't so I'll give it a 5 STAR Rating.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Here’s some fuel for the fire
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
A mockery if you ask me

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
What, No cup holder or UBS jack?

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
If the bed was the traditional 8’ there would be no need for that stuff.
Agreed!
My only though was all the dirt and gravel that gets trapped in the tailgate the first time I need a load of full dirt or gravel. But otherwise a nice feature.
That and maybe water
After all the bashing Chevy did over Ford's aluminum bed, I'm curious how well that carbon fiber bed is going to hold up. I see this as ending poorly for them. I'm not opposed to innovation but there is something to be said for "It's simple and it works.". Of course, simple doesn't bring the customer back for unnecessary service either. Designed obsolescence is something that really pisses me off. If it isn't the best you can make it, why sell it?
I do too, it will be interesting.
We are one of the fattest and most unhealthy of all industrialized countries. Where's the mini-winch and harness to pull the driver up into the bed...God forbid they have to climb in and unload something.
Sad but true.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate

jkhll8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
1987 R10 2WD shortbox
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.0 TBI
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
this is a cute little display GM made, but I've never seen 8' sticks of copper tubing from a retailer. so someone carefully cut down the sticks to make it look like it makes more sense--totally contrived. I think the tailgate idea is fine for the homeowner running around azaleas on the weekend. but being fully electronic and overly complicated, I'm not so sure it'll be a big sell on the contractor side of things.

I vote for an 8 foot bed and a rack if you need to carry longer stuff regularly.
You must be registered for see images attach

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
When you stop to think of all the homes and projects that have been built, all the family outings taken with the simple tailgate we all know and love, you realize that this is just another 'pussification' for the Fairy Generation of Nancy Boys. Technology has its limitations or rather, should be limited to more good common sense applications.

Now I agree it's gimicy as hell but I think there are people who would benefit. I use to work for a grocery store, and there are plenty of elderly men who have trouble moving around now. Something like that would help them retain use of their truck. Now when I worked for the grocery store it was exclusively the elderly who had those electric doors on their cars that slowly open and close themselves. Personally I can't stand those, but clearly they decided it's a feature they want. I see the gimic gate as a natural extension of that.

Just to be clear I think it would be a bad idea on a true work truck. It would wear right the **** out or bind up. But for the elderly who use their truck lightly I think it would be great.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Hey Frankenchevy you got spell check ?. I would a had to look up azaleas to get it right. Flowers , right?

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
When you stop to think of all the homes and projects that have been built, all the family outings taken with the simple tailgate we all know and love, you realize that this is just another 'pussification' for the Fairy Generation of Nancy Boys. Technology has its limitations or rather, should be limited to more good common sense applications.
Yes Roger I believe your correct. Kind of goes along with the the way the world (and our courts, and our scientists) is these days, where emotions are more important than facts. So logic is being replaced by emotions.
Practical innovations don't sell things, emotions do.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Considering how beat to hell the tailgates are on all of my trucks, one of those sure wouldn't last long for me. As for safely holding the cargo in place, thats what rachet straps are for.
Pretty sure the snowflake generation has no idea what a ratchet strap is, let alone how to use one.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Pretty sure the snowflake generation has no idea what a ratchet strap is, let alone how to use one.
Maybe use their terminology.....a hugging cord.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Hey Frankenchevy you got spell check ?. I would a had to look up azaleas to get it right. Flowers , right?
My first job was at a nursery. It was a neighbor who owned it and let me work when I was 14, before I could get a legal work permit. I worked there until I was 17 when I started doing construction. I built my first car with money from azaleas, chrysanthemums and rhododendrons, so they’ve had a lasting impact on my life, haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag