New trucks are no longer trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

jkhll8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
1987 R10 2WD shortbox
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.0 TBI
Now it will be easier for the gay pride parade participants to climb aboard. Stupid gimmicks. Put a real bed on it and it won’t need a transforming tailgate.
I think the bed is also carbon fiber smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
lol.

i dont hate it completely. the idea of the flip up thing to hold **** in the bed is kinda cool.

and for things like tail gating events and hanging out and stuff makes a nice place to sit.

i mean i can see why they did it. but no id never buy a new truck they are garbage and the beds sit wayy to ******* high even on stock height trucks.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
lol.

i dont hate it completely. the idea of the flip up thing to hold **** in the bed is kinda cool.

and for things like tail gating events and hanging out and stuff makes a nice place to sit.

i mean i can see why they did it. but no id never buy a new truck they are garbage and the beds sit wayy to ******* high even on stock height trucks.
If the bed was the traditional 8’ there would be no need for that stuff.

jkhll8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
1987 R10 2WD shortbox
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.0 TBI
I’m glad I left the dealer garage when I did....I can’t even imagine working on that garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
The prices for new trucks are totally ridiculous nowadays,. When I bought my C30 7 years ago I feel in love again and the only reason I would trade it for a new truck and it would have to be a straight across trade would be so I could sell it to some idioot and then buy a whole bunch of Squares!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
My only though was all the dirt and gravel that gets trapped in the tailgate the first time I need a load of full dirt or gravel. But otherwise a nice feature.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
What is that turd worth, 10K? I mean the tailgate itself, not the piece of crap it's attached to.

And look at us depraved souls... how many decades did we suffer not having a tailgate that would wipe our asses for us.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
So the load stop is the only mechanical part of this whole thing, and the rest is electronic? That’s wonderful assuming there’s no mechanical failsafe. I was stupidly expecting a dual action type thing like the old Vista Cruisers and Sport Wagons had and Honda ripped off, but instead I got the present day version of the Custom Cruiser and Estate Wagon electric clamshell tailgate. The only difference is that I think the roll down tailgate is kinda cool. For real, if you need the space, get a long box. It’s just an over-engineered gimmick that diminishes utility, which is what a truck used to be made for.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
My only though was all the dirt and gravel that gets trapped in the tailgate the first time I need a load of full dirt or gravel. But otherwise a nice feature.

That was the first thing I thought of also.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
After all the bashing Chevy did over Ford's aluminum bed, I'm curious how well that carbon fiber bed is going to hold up. I see this as ending poorly for them. I'm not opposed to innovation but there is something to be said for "It's simple and it works.". Of course, simple doesn't bring the customer back for unnecessary service either. Designed obsolescence is something that really pisses me off. If it isn't the best you can make it, why sell it?

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
We are one of the fattest and most unhealthy of all industrialized countries. Where's the mini-winch and harness to pull the driver up into the bed...God forbid they have to climb in and unload something.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
When you stop to think of all the homes and projects that have been built, all the family outings taken with the simple tailgate we all know and love, you realize that this is just another 'pussification' for the Fairy Generation of Nancy Boys. Technology has its limitations or rather, should be limited to more good common sense applications.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j250trxr