Two for One trade to get the GMC my father bought new in 1972!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'm sorry to hear that. At least you didn't really go to the dark side. Dodgers are neutral to me. The dark side starts with an F.
My best friend in high school was a Ford guy so yeah I was around plenty of them and did not have any love for them at all lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm late to the party on this one. I see you gave up 2 squares to get that truck. Personally, I'd have never done it, BUT 2 things and 1 of them actually huge, hell yes I'd have done it 10X over. The fact it's 4x4 I'd say yes. You don't see many of that body style in 4x4 but the over the moon that says YESSSS !!! It was your dad's. That makes it a priceless endeavor so whatever it takes to get it. If he wanted your wife, he could have her too. Well OK, maybe the neighbors cat but not your wife or your dog. As much as I'd be saying giving up 2 squares for 1 67-72 is NO for me, in this case, I say all day everyday. Glad you got it. I too hope to see you start a thread about it here in Other vehicles. This is exactly what that category is for. Good for you bro. Even with all the work it needs, what a treasure to have for the rest of your life and pass onto your son.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey, and it's a GMC too, that makes it even better yet. Up until 72, I really do like the GMC trucks better than a Chevy. At those times, GMC was actually better than Chevy. Like the Chevy had coil spring rear suspension unless it was RPO upgraded to leafs. GMC usually had better rear diffs and bigger brakes. Now fact is, Chevy could get all that a GMC did, but it was all upgrade options where it was standard equipment on the GMC's. In the 60-66, I also like the dash and front grill better too. By Squarebody time, Chevy and GMC pretty much the same truck, although the same was true the GMC did have upgraded equipment as OEM but Chevy could have it too. That's also true probably to this day. And YES, or at least in 2002 when I was selling GMC next door to a Chevy dealer, same guy owned both the Chevy lot and the Pontiac/GMC lot. We compared a base model GMC to a Base Chevy. It was like $1400 difference in the MSRP. Now if you did the 2 or 3 upgrades on the Chevy to match the GMC part for part, feature for feature, they were the same exact price to the penny.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Wonderful story. Sounds familiar. You made the right call. I drive my grandfathers 76 F250 he bought new and have my old man's 62 PowerWagon coming up on the project list. I would have never forgiven myself if I would have let them go. Both trucks will be passed down to my kids, and they already haggle over who's getting what.

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
Congratulations on getting it back in the family. Hang on to it.

My grandfather bought this 65 new, but it has never left the family. Took my grandson for a ride in it a few months back making him 6 generations of my family so far to have ridden in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag