New trucks are no longer trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
They just made it easier for you to get in your bed when you have your skinny jeans on.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
They just made it easier for you to get in your bed when you have your skinny jeans on.
Oh, that's the other thing mine had, it had entrance/exit assist. The seat would drop all the way down to the floor when you opened the door. The ex used it cuz she was short but I didn't like it. It also have back up assist where the side view mirrors would turn down lower so you could see the ground at a close up range when you put in R, then when into D the mirrors went back to their normal adjustment for that driver. I didn't use that feature either.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Don’t forget higher repair costs on the new ones once the warranty is up.
I put more money in my 06 in a year than any other vehicle I've had, hubs, brakes, brake lines, all front end parts twice, 4wd axles, torsion bars, and still needed trans rebuilt and motor needed rings

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I love my heated seat, mirrors, power windows (I'm really not rolling over the seat and leaning across to roll the back window on the passenger side down lol). I love my navigation, I love my push button 4x4 (getting out in a sleet storm to lock hubs may make you a man, but it's not very fun lol), I wish I had a heated wheel.

All in all, my 2500HD is easily twice as comfortable to drive as the K2500 it replaced, which was better in nearly every way than the K20 it replaced. The main thing that bums me out is the big block is dead, and has been for quite awhile. I drove a 16 2500HD around for a weekend last summer, and the 6.0 just couldn't compare.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Methinks there is certainly a tradeoff. I've put so much money in my 2004 I would have been WAY ahead to just buy a new one and take my chances with all the electrical baloney and creature comforts.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Methinks there is certainly a tradeoff. I've put so much money in my 2004 I would have been WAY ahead to just buy a new one and take my chances with all the electrical baloney and creature comforts.

There's a sweet spot for sure... If you buy something with 150k+ on it... It's a crapshoot regardless. Buy new, get a warranty, it's their problem, but value tanks big time in a few years. Of course, value really only matters if you total it in that spot.

I've been buying 10 year old trucks for awhile now, I run them for 3-4 years, and move forward to the next body style lol.

86Apache

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Marvin
Truck Year
79 , 86 , 82
Truck Model
C10's ,K20
Engine Size
250 six, 350's
My thoughts: I really enjoy driving new vehicles, the toys and conveniences are nice,, but I don't want to own one.

Unless you are prepared to get into the trap of buying a new one when the warranty expires they will bleed you dry and/or drive you nuts trying to track down gremlins.
And for me few things are as aggravating as being broke down when nothing is really broken,, or having to reprogram a module every time a part is replaced.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Here’s some fuel for the fire
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
A mockery if you ask me

I like the way this looks ! I thought this generation of trucks really mimicked the old ones when I first saw them, though.

The price not at all, and I am not taking away from any of the points made before, but it does look cool. They copied well ... :Big Laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat