My wife's new Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I turned in the man card over last weekend. We have a 5yr old daughter, and one on the way in June (another girl). My wife has been wanting a Minivan for a couple years now, and I finally decided to oblige haha.

I was going to buy brand new, but they talked me out of it. The dealership explained to me that Chrysler dropped their 100,000 mile warranty to only a 60,000 mile one this year, and it would be a better deal to just buy a year old one that had low miles, and the warranty would be longer. And that is exactly what I did. I also got one that was certified, and gave me an additional 30,000mile warranty, and made the 100,000 mile warranty a bumper to bumper one. Saved me 12,000 bucks too!

We chose the Town & Country loaded out with all options but the sunroof.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You gonna put one of them stick figure families on the back window?

Sorry, had to ask :rofl:

glockholiday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4
Engine Size
I always said I would never own a minivan too but with our 2nd and 3rd kid we got one and it was the best vehicle you can own with kids. Now that my kids are double digit age we are back in a SUV but the van really was perfect for when they were small.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
minivan makes sense, it is just driven in to our minds that they are evil. Still stuck in my mind, so suburban it is for us.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
We have always hauled our kids around in Suburbans. I actually would like to have a nice Astro van or an older Lumina/TransSport van, but the wife refuses to have a minivan.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
minivan makes sense, it is just driven in to our minds that they are evil. Still stuck in my mind, so suburban it is for us.

We have always hauled our kids around in Suburbans. I actually would like to have a nice Astro van or an older Lumina/TransSport van, but the wife refuses to have a minivan.

We are the same. I have a large dislike for minivans and the wife doesn't like them much either but we've been super happy hauling our kids around in the Suburban and the second row captains chairs in the '07 is awesome. The older kids can just walk back there and buckle up and not be climbing over seats and stuff. Plus with having 4 kids there's a lot more cargo space behind that third row. Wouldn't have it any other way :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

:happy175: I'm waiting for the response to this.

Just wait til it comes time to change a flat tire on the bitch. WTF was Dodge thinking? Spare tire underneath between the driver and passenger seat? And it's so low you have to jack it up to high heavens to get the spare out and it's encased in some POS. To lower it, you have to tear part of the console away in some models to get to the lowering lug, then it's an all day job cuz the crank handle hits the dash and console. Just don't plan on getting a flat. If you do, just have the damn thing towed and repair the tire.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Congrats! I will never own one and when I get married I ain't buying my wife one. LWB SUV is my preference but I know a lot of people who love their vans. To each their own. Hope you enjoy it and have a long, reliable future with it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No, they're not bad and have some great family function features and some good comfort features too. Just that you have to wear the Soccer Mom title if you own one. They're certainly more fuel efficient that full grown SUV's too.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

Nope... not my wife's style.

HotRodPC said:
Just wait til it comes time to change a flat tire on the bitch. WTF was Dodge thinking? Spare tire underneath between the driver and passenger seat? And it's so low you have to jack it up to high heavens to get the spare out and it's encased in some POS. To lower it, you have to tear part of the console away in some models to get to the lowering lug, then it's an all day job cuz the crank handle hits the dash and console. Just don't plan on getting a flat. If you do, just have the damn thing towed and repair the tire.

Don't care. I pay for the lifetime warranty on this, which includes roadside, including them bringing out a loaner car.

donmateo said:
Congrats! I will never own one and when I get married I ain't buying my wife one. LWB SUV is my preference but I know a lot of people who love their vans. To each their own. Hope you enjoy it and have a long, reliable future with it.

You sound young... its not about what I wanted :whymewhyme:
It was about keeping the wife happy, seeing she's the one driving it. We have 7 other vehicles to choose from, so I doubt I'll need to worry about having to drive it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That's a good point. If the wife is happy driving it then that is numero uno priority cuz if she ain't happy in what she drives she's gonna let you know about it :) nice choice @right2bear

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
We gots a minivan too. My wife wasn't comfortable driving the Suburbans when we were looking. She would have done a Tahoe, but I said no because of the lack of room behind a third row. I like it, and I was in the "Over my dead body" camp towards ever having one.

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
We've had an odyssey since 2010 when we found out my wife was pregnant with our third - you really can't beat vans (especially with more than two kiddos) for a family rig. Sliding doors and easy aces to all rows and better mpg than most SUVs. And of course we gots the Burb if we need to go somewhere with man card still in play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade