New build advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddie

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS2 Stroker
I am building a 4x4 swb fleetside with 6" lift on 35/12.50-17's with stock appearance aside from lift. I know the old skool guys wont like it but i have a built LS2 stroker that I am going to use mated to a 6L90E and a NP205. I have already done all the small blocks and big blocks out there and looking to do something more modern for drivetrain this time round. My concern is will I lose value if I use newer cab with older front clip and older box etc. Kind of a frankenstein build to get the best of both worlds or should I stick with all one year to achieve best value? I appreciate all the knowledge and experience you all have! Here is what I have....

1977 cab needs corners with regy
1981 cab needs corners and rockers
1987 cab solid with regy
1977 oem no rust box, doors, fenders, hood,
1977 nos in the box grill, rad support
1977 chassis solid
Most all the remaining "used" parts to complete the truck however planning to replace majority of it as I want the truck to look and operate like a new truck when completed

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
All of those components will look the same. The only difference of course is 81-87 front fenders. If it's not in stock form, it won't matter what you do, you'll just have to find someone that likes what you built & will pay what you're asking for it if you decide to sell.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What’s regy?
And no it won’t matter what parts you use. It ain’t stock anyways.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
If you fix it & do it right then you'll have no issues selling it later on. There's much discussion about what makes & takes value from these Squares...I say build what you want. I've seen folks use 73-80 clips on 81-up & my generation always used the 81-up on the 73-80. Post some pics of whatever you're doing so you get plenty of opinions.

HS

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oh well, cool. Thats a good budget. You do know it won't be worth half of that in the end.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
I'm swapping a 700R4 for 4L80E with either NP208 or NP205 into my 87', using the Gen 1 format.
The drive line mods you select and the shaft issues you overcome could be very handy, so I do not screw things up.
Don't have anywhere near your wallet. Please share your mistakes, so I do not have to pay for them on my end?
Subscribed to your build.
Pics please?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag