MAP sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok so, my main issue this whole time has been timing. I knew my engine was supposed to be timmed at zero degrees but I had no idea that it had a timing advance wire that must be unplugged when timing the engine. On a 1992 truck, there is a fusebox on the passenger side firewall, and inside there is a tan/black wire that has a quick-disconnect connector that you just unplug and time the engine, then plug it back in. On my truck, since it is an 85 with a 92 computer, my timing advance connector is located behind my glove box about six inches from the computer. After going through this procedure the engine is timed perfect and not throwing any codes so far, and I also have full power back.

So my knock sensor originally was throwing codes because the wire had been damaged so now that that is fixed and the engine is timed, everything is back to normal! Now to re-install my TB spacer and see if it makes any difference.

Thank you to all that helped!!!!!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's awesome !!! Thanks for the update.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky