Just bought a 1995 GMC C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It does look like wheel bearing rollers, but how in the hell would they be able to exit the hub and into the hub cover with the cap in place? :shrug: I'm thinking someone had to have left them in there for some reason or another. Did you pull the cap on the other side to see if it had them? What about the rear wheel hub caps?

Long ago it was believed if you put small parts like that in your hub caps it would scramble radar guns and keep you from getting a speeding ticket. :shrug: We know that don't work now. Not sure what other kind of witch potion that could be.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, what is up with the coolant leak that we thought might be a freeze plug at the back of the engine?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It does look like wheel bearing rollers, but how in the hell would they be able to exit the hub and into the hub cover with the cap in place? :shrug: I'm thinking someone had to have left them in there for some reason or another. Did you pull the cap on the other side to see if it had them? What about the rear wheel hub caps?

Long ago it was believed if you put small parts like that in your hub caps it would scramble radar guns and keep you from getting a speeding ticket. :shrug: We know that don't work now. Not sure what other kind of witch potion that could be.

I was thinking maybe someone popped the outer wheel bearing to have a look see 2 dropped out without them seeing it and what ever grease was on them kept them stuck to the rim.....just a hunch. Or someone wanted to give the PO a hard to find rattle. I personally use bigger pieces for that. lol or some hack replaced the wheel bearing and not the race......laziness comes in all shapes and sizes.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size

BTW, what is up with the coolant leak that we thought might be a freeze plug at the back of the engine?
Those little parts were only in the front passenger side, I did check for any play in the rotors, they seem to be fine, driver side front is a little tighter than the passenger side, when you rotate the rotors by hand. As far as the coolant leak, it hasn't leaked since. I think it might be the wiper squirter, as the passenger side isn't squinting. I haven't pulled the cowl off yet to check, maybe the hose is off, and it was water from the washer pouring out, I hope.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Well, I've put about 500 miles on the truck, I'm still trying to figure out the scraping sound on the tranny. Still has that pulsing forward movement while at stop lights in gear. I got a tranny filter and pan gasket(bad leak all over cross member) that I'm gonna try. I also noticed the truck has no balls on acceleration, and passing like a 5.7 should. It does get up to speed on the freeway, it cruises an 2000 rpm at 75. I haven't changed the tranny fluid, because when I pulled the dipstick, it smelled good and was nice and red. The tranny shifts real good and smooth in all gears. Getting ready to rebuild the TBI this weekend.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the torque converter isn't having a problem. Whatever it is, it's eventually going to show it's face when its had enough.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I spend all this time and effort, getting this truck running, and this happens. ******* hit and run. The neighbor of a friend of mine, at an apt complex backed up her car with her door open, and caught the side of my truck. She hid her car for two days, and denied the whole thing. Police said they cant do anything, because there are no witnesses, and it happend on private properry.
You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Oh my God... What a total ******* piece of worthless garbage. I would be vengeful, and I don't know if I could sit by and do nothing, but you just gotta pick up from here with the truck and forget about that sorry bitch because she's not changing and probably doesn't have insurance. I feel for you, though. I get frustrated when people so much as look at me and mine the wrong way, but this would have me at an unreal level of anger. I'm so sorry, man. Did you have it insured yet? I know some companies will process hit and run claims and pay at least something out for repairs.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Oh my God... What a total ******* piece of worthless garbage. I would be vengeful, and I don't know if I could sit by and do nothing, but you just gotta pick up from here with the truck and forget about that sorry bitch because she's not changing and probably doesn't have insurance. I feel for you, though. I get frustrated when people so much as look at me and mine the wrong way, but this would have me at an unreal level of anger. I'm so sorry, man. Did you have it insured yet? I know some companies will process hit and run claims and pay at least something out for repairs.

I had just passed emissions testing the day before, and had put just liability insurance, figured i wasnt done working on it, and wouldn't be driving around all that much. So I'm screwed if she don't admit to it, and she won't. I waited last nigh for the car to show up, and it did, at 11:20pm. Went out there and took pictures of it and sent them to the police. I'm hoping they will at least question her about it. The car disappeared again, immediately, after I took the pics.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah, she wouldn't have a car left when I got done. And there'd be no witnesses so there's nothing police can do. If you know the car and where it's at, take care of bidness, and hope like hell she doesn't have insurance. If she has insurance, well that just means you have to do $500 worth of damage instead of destroy it. Don't give her a new car if it's newer and you think she has insurance. Just do enough to where she has to get the POS repaired and cost her deductible and then suck with a repaired wreck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had just passed emissions testing the day before, and had put just liability insurance, figured i wasnt done working on it, and wouldn't be driving around all that much. So I'm screwed if she don't admit to it, and she won't. I waited last nigh for the car to show up, and it did, at 11:20pm. Went out there and took pictures of it and sent them to the police. I'm hoping they will at least question her about it. The car disappeared again, immediately, after I took the pics.

I hope you got pics of the license plates too.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Okay. Well, there's still a chance, then. And I know you already know this, but just play it cool and firm so people take you as seriously as possible. I would probably have a meltdown so I respect you for how you're handling this. Below is how I would (stupidly) approach this. You'll feel better after watching it, I think. @HotRodPC I think we're on the same page.

[yt]PztgWdMEJdg[/yt]

Last edited:

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I hope you got pics of the license plates too.

I did, she had a temporary, 30 day permit on her windsheild, which leads me to believe she didn't have insurance. I also contacted the DMV and notified them of the crime. I hope she's driving around with a suspended temporary permit, and gets stopped by the police, and gets it towed away. and it costs about $400 to get it out of the impound yard. Ask me how i kbow! That's what happens here in AZ.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
She's probably trash and will probably just not make her first payment on the car and let it repo and move on to the next we tote the note car lot and get another car. But in the mean time, she'd have at least 2 flat tires that can't be repaired so she's stranded, and 3 or 4 would be even better, but you take the opportunity you can get without being seen soooo...... And taking out the windshield isn't hard either, just do it on the drive side right in the line of sight.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Okay. Well, there's still a chance, then. And I know you already know this, but just play it cool and firm so people take you as seriously as possible. I would probably have a meltdown so I respect you for how you're handling this. Below is how I would (stupidly) approach this. You'll feel better after watching it, I think. @HotRodPC I think we're on the same page.

[yt]PztgWdMEJdg[/yt]
We just talked about this recently. Remember, 3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead. So take care of bidness and don't tell a sole. **** just happens sometimes. Nuff said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJinAZ