Inner Fender Replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wyomingite

Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2
Engine Size
Looking to buy some new inner fenders for my 86. Looks like the OEM have been discontinued online anyway, I haven't called the dealer to verify.
So l see some on Amazon, Jegs, Summit for about $50-$70 with shipping. And then some on LMC and Brothers for about $200 with shipping. Is there much of a difference? Anybody used any of these?
Obviously not wanting to spend more than I need to, but also want it to fit correctly.
How about other body panels as well? LMC good to go? Better to find good junkyard OEM?

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome from South Dakota!

I have never had any luck finding used inner fenders, they usually are rusted out in the same place, where they mount to the cab. Check local body shop supply places, seems like when I was pricing them they were cheaper because they don't have extra shipping charges (they come in on the normal truck).

Are you in Wyoming?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Welcome!

I haven't ordered inner fenders, but I need to mine are gone where a bunch of poop sat by the core support. When i do, I'll order them from Classicparts.com, every panel I've gotten from them has been great, and shipping is reasonable as well.

I suspect all these places get their panels from one or two places in Taiwan.

Wyomingite

Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2
Engine Size
Welcome from South Dakota!

I have never had any luck finding used inner fenders, they usually are rusted out in the same place, where they mount to the cab. Check local body shop supply places, seems like when I was pricing them they were cheaper because they don't have extra shipping charges (they come in on the normal truck).

Are you in Wyoming?

Yep in Wyoming. Not much resource here for parts!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I’ve only used used inner fenders, and I’ve had complete success doing it. It did require some cleanup and paint work, but I came out cheaper still. I understand the options are pretty poor in a snowy state. The factory ones have braces that like to rust out, and I don’t think aftermarket ones do so that’s a plus.

Wyomingite

Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2
Engine Size
Yeah the brace is where the rust has started. Other than that they are in fine shape

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello