1999 GMT400 K2500 Suburban Part Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
These x2. I can send the 4 inlet vacuum port these attach to, with hoses, as well.:
You must be registered for see images attach

These are hard to come by; Front Fender ends.
They can be shipped with 2 very clean and straight front fenders, with antennae and antennae wires. Complete with every single body mount bolt, zero rust.:

Hood mounts, latch:

A/C Core support rubbers and brackets, with all bolts:

Here's a better picture of the front console.
The seat belts up front are mine, the clean rears are available, un-fired.

I will have both front brake sensors and complete pigtails available, if anyone wants them. They sell for $150 each, without the pigtails, just the single end of the line side connector. These connectors are in good working condition.

The steering wheel assembly came out clean, zero issues.
I'm considering modifying it to mount in my 87' Blazer, so the shift cable linkage will match the 4L80E, when installed. I saved the shift cables and the e-Brake system cables, so the 10.5" 14-Bolt will have a complete working factory dual e-brake system.

If anyone has completed the mod for the steering wheel conversion, or has advise on how to manage the swap easier, please respond with instructions. It will not screw up this thread... if it gets detailed and becomes too big, we'll have it moved by a mod...

If it turns out the swap is too involved or the column and shaft cannot reasonably be used for the 87' K5, then I will sell the column, shaft and rag joint as a set.

If you want a dash harness, the set of 2, or the entire steering harness package, please let me know.

The steering air bag is included, unless shipping air bags is regualted so as to become a liability for shipping insurance. The dash air bag is also available, same stipulation. Air bag control module available. No issue with shipping, as far as I am aware.

Let me know if you, or somebody on GMT400 needs parts.
I'm a member there and they will not allow me to post my items for sale there, due to low post count. If you would refer others, from GMT400 to this thread, I would be grateful.

Serious offers accepted or trade for parts or Transmission Rebuilding tools, or anything to convert my 700R4 to 4L80E considered. The Kent Moore Specialty seal installation tools, GM Repair manuals, 3-Wire Bound Transmission repair books from three authors, ASTG etc, are already hear.

Missing
1) quality 4L80E bushing pullers, for the planet housings, where Brass Rod punch through will not work. Bought the SST slide hammer set with the adapters. It comes with only one seal/bushing leg. If anyone can supply a new OTC 2 jaw puller end tool, will trade for parts.

If anyone has any of the old GM Dealership Kent Moore bushing REMOVAL tools for sale or trade, I'm interested, especially for trade.

2) 10 Bolt front end is missing a locker and a set of good clean Richmond, (equal quality or better) 4:10 gears. I'll trade for new or very good used parts...

3) Transmission long handle snap ring pliers.

The rear Gov Locker will work for now, however...

4) a good used/rebuild-able Eaton trac-Lock would be great to have. It is for the 10.5" 14-Bolt Floater, I am using from the K2500. If you have one or wish to support my build with a good working used unit, please email me with details.

5) Weld on rear spring perches from ORD or similar, to correct for the spring/shock locations currently on the stock rear springs, for now.
Trade me for ORD parts, plus shipping?

Have 2 Bilstein 24-024198 Rear Shock for GM Suburban 4WD.
4600 Series for trade.

Yellow/blue shocks, in excellent working condition, which look very clean, nearly new. They sell for $100 each new and I could use tools/parts.
These are not bent and when released they expanded as normal.
Clean upper/lower OEM mounting hardware included, with good threads, mild surface rust.
If they do not sell, I might mod them to fit a more central support bracket for the 14B.

The 64" springs in storage, and the relocation parts they would require, might have to wait until next year. I'd need to drop the fuel tank during the retrofit, at this stage. Not doing this mod now, means re-sizing the drive line, down the road...

If somebody wants 2 front OR 2 rear doors, OR the tailgate OR Tailgate glass assembly, (not all of them) and can cover shipping, I'll consider trade parts for the fabricated 64" front and rear extended spring mounts. Buyer pays shipping...

I'll cut the door hinges on the welded pillar side hinge side, include the main pins/stop pins, in tact. Includes inner door panels, motorized folding mirrors, electric controls, good working connectors, the rubber boots and OEM tinted glass, complete. The driver's door has a slight brush scratch which will likely buff out easily. The parts will arrive on a pallet and require LTL or UPS Ground, depending on what is requested.

Buyer pays equal portion for the roll of shrink wrap, as part of the shipping cost for any items listed. The rear window glass is tinted Black with hinges and latch assembly. The gas pistons work excellent. Glass will require a large box with padding/eps foam, to deliver safely. Buyer pays insurance and files any claims.

If somebody has a quality micrometer to measure end play to trade for parts, I could use one.

Already own the rear end micro test set. It is not accurate enough for end play, just simple run out.
I seen a guy use a Fowler bore gauge (which I own), with extension rods clamped to the bell housing. I'm not certain it will work properly without damaging the tubing of the bore gauge, by clamping it. A proper instrument would be better. If anyone has pulled this off without ruining a bore gauge, I'm all ears.

The Mitutoyo digital, (Old guys can actually read correctly and have an accurate measurement), is $180. Any offers to sell or trade for a good instrument or a quality Mag-Base with arms or flex-arm will be considered. Own a single quality snug and a shaft for a red label mag base already. No mag.

Willing to work the price down for items where the cost of shipping or the traded items make a difference for each of our interests. Eating the shipping from my end, unless I sell a few items here, is probably not going to work, unless it's for a lot of trade.

Everything listed is being used to rebuild transmission and mod the drive lines for the swap. Tooling up to properly/safely rebuild even one 4L80E, is exhaustive.

Post here or email me, if you want to make an offer, or have goodies or advice to complete the build, please.

If you want something and the holidays are preventing you from writing, email me and I'll take the item down, if we can agree to a deal next month or two.

This is going to take time to build anyways.

I have a verified UPS Delivery/Pickup account, in good standing.
US Postal Money Orders, sent via US Mail, accepted for all delivery related expenses.
Other terms may be considered depending on who the buyer is and the details of the order. Larger deliveries where the buyer is the shipper, may require ordering a pickup, may need to create an account with a shipping company to cover delivery expenses and insurability requirements.

All parts will be shipped exactly as pictured and listed, no refunds, no returns.
Please plan accordingly to insure your parcels. If there is any issue, you will be filing your own claim on anything you have requested picked up. LTL, UPS Ground, etc.

If I ship it and it gets ruined, I'll file a claim on my end, ONLY IF YOU PROVIDE PICTURES OF THE UN-OPENED PACKAGE, with date stamped picture.

I'm not a professional parts recycler, with extra parts laying around.
I'll do my best to square the deal.
Buyer Pays all shipping costs, no exceptions.

Last edited:

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Torsion Rods, Cross Member, Rubber mounts, Safety Plates, Specialized Hardware and Keys... In good to very good working order. Safety warning label is not even damaged.

Hood Latch Radiator Support.

OEM Exhaust Manifolds. Excellent, no issues.
Star bolts, nuts washers, everything came off clean.

Last edited:

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Carbon is all cleaned and the gasket material is gone.
Taped the surface with Jalar to protect them during the paint.
The underside of the intake runners is not painted.
You could find a table saw table and deck them with a lil' 4000 grit?
They came out great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad