1977 Suburban C20 Scottsdale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
We are unfortunately going through a hard time as a family. My wife has been fighting cancer so Mabel, my prize suburban is being sold. Have put a lot of love into her this year and wanted to keep her forever, but now I have to make a move. Below is the post I made on FB Marketplace, so I am just copying it for you all to see what I have done and how she is. I'll post some pics, but if you want more let me know.

1977 Chevrolet Suburban C20 - Scottsdale

$25,000 OBO

This is an all original C20 3/4ton truck. Has the 5.7L with just over 79k miles. Runs great and is my current daily driver. You don’t see these often, and definitely not in this original shape. Everything works and is as original as you will find. Even has the original unused spare tire, jack and tire iron, fire extinguisher and even the hard to find trash bag in the cargo area.

Tires were replaced 6 months ago with high end Coopers. AC compressor, lines, evaporator, and expansion valve all changed this year. AC works and blows cold. All new belts and alternator last month. Speedo works and the speedo lines were replaced last year along with the speedo gear. Cruise control works. 8 track radio works. There is also a hidden stereo that I put in behind the dash that adds bluetooth, 4 infinity speakers, and a hidden subwoofer to make it sound nice. Doesn’t rattle the windows or anything, but sounds great.

Interior is in overall great shape. Has the original factory rubber floor everywhere. In the cargo area there is a rug over it to protect it, but it is all there and in great shape. All the door panels look great. All the trim and windows are there and work as they should. The seats aren’t collapsed and the foam is perfect. The fabric was tearing on them so I put in custom covers that look great. Was going to get them reupholstered eventually. The headliner is the original snakebite vinyl, but is sagging down. Dash is in overall great shape. Has a couple cracks in the middle, but very solid. It has the original midland CB radio installed. The original owner had that put in by the dealer and it still works.

Exterior looks good. Has some surface rust around, but is solid. The only place that has it deeper than surface is behind the wheels on the front fenders. Could use a patch panel there if/when it gets a paint job. It has all of the hard to find gold 1977 only trim around the whole body. The clear coat is failing on the passenger side. Overall, very straight and has a beautiful patina look that everyone loves and compliments. You will definitely get stopped and asked about this truck all the time. People love it.

There is no rust under it at all. Super solid and in beautiful shape. Bolts come out like they should and aren’t seized or frozen in place. Looks like a 10 year old car underneath. Brakes work great. Replaced fronts and the master cylinder about 6 months ago. Stops great and tight. No spongy feel at all. No oil leaks, valve cover gaskets changed 6 months ago.

This is a very stock, and very original truck that I have driven across the country in this year already. Looks great as a patina truck right now. Would be such an easy truck to do a full restore on if you wanted as well. Starts and runs every time. Fun to drive. I love it, but need to move on. If you have any questions let me know.

Comes with all the original books and manuals and the original RPO identification sticker.

Don’t need help selling. Will mark as sold once it is gone, so no need to ask if available. If you have any other questions, or need more pics please let me know.
You must be registered for see images attach

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I would switch to a burb if I could afford it. As stated in my other response, I pray for everything to work out for the best. Mabel is a beauty, I am sure someone will snatch it up quickly. @AyWoSch Motors Hey, you want a solid burb, here's your chance to get one

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
We are unfortunately going through a hard time as a family. My wife has been fighting cancer so Mabel, my prize suburban is being sold. Have put a lot of love into her this year and wanted to keep her forever, but now I have to make a move. Below is the post I made on FB Marketplace, so I am just copying it for you all to see what I have done and how she is. I'll post some pics, but if you want more let me know.

1977 Chevrolet Suburban C20 - Scottsdale

$25,000 OBO

This is an all original C20 3/4ton truck. Has the 5.7L with just over 79k miles. Runs great and is my current daily driver. You don’t see these often, and definitely not in this original shape. Everything works and is as original as you will find. Even has the original unused spare tire, jack and tire iron, fire extinguisher and even the hard to find trash bag in the cargo area.

Tires were replaced 6 months ago with high end Coopers. AC compressor, lines, evaporator, and expansion valve all changed this year. AC works and blows cold. All new belts and alternator last month. Speedo works and the speedo lines were replaced last year along with the speedo gear. Cruise control works. 8 track radio works. There is also a hidden stereo that I put in behind the dash that adds bluetooth, 4 infinity speakers, and a hidden subwoofer to make it sound nice. Doesn’t rattle the windows or anything, but sounds great.

Interior is in overall great shape. Has the original factory rubber floor everywhere. In the cargo area there is a rug over it to protect it, but it is all there and in great shape. All the door panels look great. All the trim and windows are there and work as they should. The seats aren’t collapsed and the foam is perfect. The fabric was tearing on them so I put in custom covers that look great. Was going to get them reupholstered eventually. The headliner is the original snakebite vinyl, but is sagging down. Dash is in overall great shape. Has a couple cracks in the middle, but very solid. It has the original midland CB radio installed. The original owner had that put in by the dealer and it still works.

Exterior looks good. Has some surface rust around, but is solid. The only place that has it deeper than surface is behind the wheels on the front fenders. Could use a patch panel there if/when it gets a paint job. It has all of the hard to find gold 1977 only trim around the whole body. The clear coat is failing on the passenger side. Overall, very straight and has a beautiful patina look that everyone loves and compliments. You will definitely get stopped and asked about this truck all the time. People love it.

There is no rust under it at all. Super solid and in beautiful shape. Bolts come out like they should and aren’t seized or frozen in place. Looks like a 10 year old car underneath. Brakes work great. Replaced fronts and the master cylinder about 6 months ago. Stops great and tight. No spongy feel at all. No oil leaks, valve cover gaskets changed 6 months ago.

This is a very stock, and very original truck that I have driven across the country in this year already. Looks great as a patina truck right now. Would be such an easy truck to do a full restore on if you wanted as well. Starts and runs every time. Fun to drive. I love it, but need to move on. If you have any questions let me know.

Comes with all the original books and manuals and the original RPO identification sticker.

Don’t need help selling. Will mark as sold once it is gone, so no need to ask if available. If you have any other questions, or need more pics please let me know.
She is a beautiful Burb, reminds me of two of ours. Our 77 C20 454 was this combo as was our 79 C10 350. Many miles and memories in that '79, all over Texas and a few trips outside it.
Best wishes to your wife and family, good luck with the sale!

tater dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
tater
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
i feel your pain bro . my wife had cancer for over two years and was the scariest I've ever been . was all prepared to sell literally everything and live in a camper . luckily it didn't come to that .
that's a sweet looking rig , love everything about it . good luck mate .

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Im with @Soundmound ! I wish you guys the best and pray the universe gives you the best of both worlds, your wifes health back and the ability to keep Mabel! Best wishes to you and your family! I lost my dad at 50 after cancer, cancer sucks! But look up and stay positive! As the silicon bracelet on my wrist says "do not give in to the war within"! Stay strong!
Dont forget your GMSB family is here for support also!" Sorry to run off in a for sale add...

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Im with @Soundmound ! I wish you guys the best and pray the universe gives you the best of both worlds, your wifes health back and the ability to keep Mabel! Best wishes to you and your family! I lost my dad at 50 after cancer, cancer sucks! But look up and stay positive! As the silicon bracelet on my wrist says "do not give in to the war within"! Stay strong

Dont forget your GMSB family is here for support also!" Sorry to run off in a for sale add...

imjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Im with @Soundmound ! I wish you guys the best and pray the universe gives you the best of both worlds, your wifes health back and the ability to keep Mabel! Best wishes to you and your family! I lost my dad at 50 after cancer, cancer sucks! But look up and stay positive! As the silicon bracelet on my wrist says "do not give in to the war within"! Stay strong!
No problem. I am all about it. The church is praying and so is the GMSB fam too and I am so grateful.

imjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Price is dropping. Need to get move on from it and can't afford to wait for the right buyer. Just need a buyer. Anyone that knows someone looking or interested, will take offers. Thanks for the help! Willing to drop it quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef