I'm baaack!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
And just 'cause I can.......here's my little girl...

You must be registered for see images attach

Don't ya just love her redneck Easter Basket?

P.S.

She loves Daddy's big ol' Suburban!!

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok, so the deal fell through at the last minute for the rearend, but here's pics of my shiny new lift kit...

So you can just put away that BAN-HAMMER HotRodPC :Big Laugh:

Overall, $575 for a 4" lift that comes with shocks and ALL the hardware you'll need to put it on isn't too bad. I know it won't ride Cadillac smooth like a Tuff Country lift kit can, but I don't really care too much, I want funtion and looks on a budget. Trust me, it was hard enough to get my wife to agree to $500 on the Suburban let alone $790 it would've cost for the Tuff Country lift.

Ahhhh SUMBISH !!! That sux on the rear end. Sorry to hear that deal slip through your hands.

Looks to be a good real kit too. Not front springs with blocks in the rear. :waytogo: I agree with your cost/comfort analagy. I wouldn't be expecting a smooth ride out of a SAS lifted truck anyway. I kinda like the stiff bounce in the front. Especially when you got the right girl riding up front with you. Makes it hard to keep your eyes on the road sometimes. !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ok, so the deal fell through at the last minute for the rearend, but here's pics of my shiny new lift kit...

So you can just put away that BAN-HAMMER HotRodPC :Big Laugh:

Overall, $575 for a 4" lift that comes with shocks and ALL the hardware you'll need to put it on isn't too bad. I know it won't ride Cadillac smooth like a Tuff Country lift kit can, but I don't really care too much, I want funtion and looks on a budget. Trust me, it was hard enough to get my wife to agree to $500 on the Suburban let alone $790 it would've cost for the Tuff Country lift.
Awesome man! Thanks for the pics. Cute daughter too. My two found all the eggs but one yesterday, lol...

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, even though I couldn't get the 12 bolt rear, I have an even better deal going on. While looking through Billings Craigslist, I found a Dana 44 and a 14 bolt FF for $350 for the pair. They both have brand new 4.10 gear sets that still need to be installed so either I learn how to do it myself or spring a few $$ to have it done at a shop.

I talked to the guy and I told him I get paid Thursday and I'm hopefully buying these Friday or Saturday.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well, even though I couldn't get the 12 bolt rear, I have an even better deal going on. While looking through Billings Craigslist, I found a Dana 44 and a 14 bolt FF for $350 for the pair. They both have brand new 4.10 gear sets that still need to be installed so either I learn how to do it myself or spring a few $$ to have it done at a shop.

I talked to the guy and I told him I get paid Thursday and I'm hopefully buying these Friday or Saturday.

Ohh yeahh, There you go !!! :High 5: :High 5: :High 5:

You can do it with a little help from here. C4 happens to be doing front and rear axle conversion right now. He's going 14b FF and Dana 60 though. You'rs will be even easier since the D44 should bolt right in the same as your 10bolt front. The back one is just gravy train anyway. :grd:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
You'll need a couple things- a good dial indicator with a clamp-on base, caliper micrometer, and an inch-pound torque wrench. If you don't have one already you may want to get a high-ft/lb impact wrench too, to do the 14 bolt's crush collar. I've never done a Dana 44 but I'll bet it is similar to either the front 10 bolt or Dana 60 which I have done both. Either way your setup kit will have all the details you need to know, how much backlash, endlash, bearing preload, tooth pattern, etc. Anything you don't know or cant find ask here, I'll help if I can or point you to a google page that can help. If you've never tried one you might benefit by reading the setup threads I have for the 14 bolt and D60, it will give you an idea of what you're trying to accomplish and stuff you might run into.

I could have just got a steering arm for my D60 and used a regular drag link, but I wanted to do the crossover steering trick to eliminate the loss of steering due to trail bind. My truck aint no street princess! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello