HRPC come in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Anything over 20000 is closer to 500 a month unless you have a down payment. I bought a new in 06 for 22000 and just paid the taxes I was at 490 a month over 60 months. Hell that's over 30 grand paid throughout. You can get pretty creative with your drivetrain a lot cheaper then that. From a turbo straight six to a mds v8 out of a wrecked newer truck to 12 valve swap. If you have the right gears and even with a t56 with a double overdrive you will clear 20 mpg. I see your point though I love not watching my fuel just get sucked down. It's a good feeling you can just drive your truck and not sweat trading in a kidney for a tank of fuel.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Yeah, that makes sense to me, but dont forget about the tow( for us that are not doing it for a living any more)
A project vehicle just does not seem practical as a reliable family vehicle. Add the stress of trying to figure out how to transport an entire family to the intended destination, and then the repair because you cant bring your tools with you, a place to work on it with suficient tools, and then if you cant repair it, or afford to have it repaired, there is the hassle of finding a way back home...The mini van we rented set us back over $350....dont need the headache. If it was just me, and nobody else, yeah, I would fix it and keep going.

You can't drive and work on it. This is true. It has to be "built" once! It takes time and upfront cash for that.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
You can't drive and work on it. This is true. It has to be "built" once! It takes time and upfront cash for that.

Yup, neither of which I have ever had, so I am left with pieces here and there, and a very stringent smog program to comply with.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Yup, neither of which I have ever had, so I am left with pieces here and there, and a very stringent smog program to comply with.

Yeah that sucks. I'm floating the country right now and while I'm at prospecting a new state to live in. I'm in Cali with KS tags. I know I don't wanna move here permanently for several reasons. Smog is one of the smaller ones. What kind of truck do you want? Half ton silverado or a different route? Are you thinking brand new or near new?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, that makes sense to me, but dont forget about the tow( for us that are not doing it for a living any more)
A project vehicle just does not seem practical as a reliable family vehicle. Add the stress of trying to figure out how to transport an entire family to the intended destination, and then the repair because you cant bring your tools with you, a place to work on it with suficient tools, and then if you cant repair it, or afford to have it repaired, there is the hassle of finding a way back home...The mini van we rented set us back over $350....dont need the headache. If it was just me, and nobody else, yeah, I would fix it and keep going.

Yeah, I see your point there. Different with a family of 5 traveling. Also the never vehicles being safer carries some weight too. Can't put a price on your lives. Although, you're Burb is probably pretty safe too. Afterall, chances are whatever you hit is going to have a crumple zone to cushion your collision.

I think it's skysurfer that quotes, " You're car is my crumple zone" :rofl: and that's true.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Jason, we are looking into A 1/2 ton crew cab...unfortunately, GM is lagging far behind the other 2 options in engine tech, and I dont want to have to deal with replacing a turbo when the warrenty expires(and, its fugly) that said, Ram is in the lead right now at 25mpg, Ride is awesome, and the 3.6 goes like an Etheopian with a lunch ticket.
Silverado is in second, because they only offer the 4.8 and the 6.2, no decent 6 cyl in the crew cab.
this vehicle will be replaceing my Magnum, which gets around 25mpg, but the Family does not fit in too comfortably any more.

HR...spot on, the Ram comes standard with 360* airbags. And I can still tow the 4500lb camp trailer.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thats another reason, and there is a chance of the hemi and pentastar going direct injection in 2014 model year.
I think they mentioned direct injection, and a new v6 during the launch for the new sierra and silverado.
****, sorry nick, we really ****** this thread up!

I"ve already thought of the thread being Debunked. Just figured I'd let this continue for how, and I"ll seperate it later. We're not about to have have a Controller operated 4L80-E conversion thread be Titled, "HRPC Come In". I'm sure it'll end up a Sticky thread if we don't lose Nick on the conversion. So carry on, I've got ideas.

That Dodge V6 Diesel will be bad ass. They won't make those fast enough. Plan on paying sticker price for those cus with the demand, Diamler Chrysler and the Dealers won't be giving any incentives for at least the first 6 months and probably first year.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My phone was disconnected at noon and I called and paid $370 to have it back on and it just came back on. Dont worry about the thread ill make another when I do this swap. I called today and talked to dr driveshaft and he said $85 if he only has to cut and weld back together. More money for more work etc. Thats cheap to me.

I was going to order the tci controller today but my ******* phone wouldbt let me surf the net.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I"ve already thought of the thread being Debunked. Just figured I'd let this continue for how, and I"ll seperate it later. We're not about to have have a Controller operated 4L80-E conversion thread be Titled, "HRPC Come In". I'm sure it'll end up a Sticky thread if we don't lose Nick on the conversion. So carry on, I've got ideas.

That Dodge V6 Diesel will be bad ass. They won't make those fast enough. Plan on paying sticker price for those cus with the demand, Diamler Chrysler and the Dealers won't be giving any incentives for at least the first 6 months and probably first year.

As long as it doesn't have a stupid price tag on it. I also wish they would keep it an inline configuration.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
My phone was disconnected at noon and I called and paid $370 to have it back on and it just came back on. Dont worry about the thread ill make another when I do this swap. I called today and talked to dr driveshaft and he said $85 if he only has to cut and weld back together. More money for more work etc. Thats cheap to me.

I was going to order the tci controller today but my ******* phone wouldbt let me surf the net.

Damn man that had to hurt.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
As long as it doesn't have a stupid price tag on it. I also wish they would keep it an inline configuration.

I'm actually not to upset that it's a V6. Reason being, when they got older and more plentiful, they're going to fit more vehicles better. Like a Squarebody conversion. :naughty:

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I'm actually not to upset that it's a V6. Reason being, when they got older and more plentiful, they're going to fit more vehicles better. Like a Squarebody conversion. :naughty:

V configuration tend to be more powerful. Worse fuel mileage and less reliable in diesels. We will see. They are claiming 30 mpg potential out of a half ton. That would be sweet in an old chevy.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
V configuration tend to be more powerful. Worse fuel mileage and less reliable in diesels. We will see. They are claiming 30 mpg potential out of a half ton. That would be sweet in an old chevy.

Yup, if I was to diesel the burb, I would have to use one of the blue tech MBZ diesels, or be stuck with a 6.5TD
But I would need to prove it came from a 1/2 ton or less vehicle.
I dont mind V diesels, the one they have slated for the Ram may actually end up in GM models in the future, as I have heard that they own a piece of the company, along with Fiat.
But if GM gets their **** together when the new models hit in Oct., and they offer the MPG I am looking for, then it will come down to who will give me the best price, and whether or not I like the Ram styling or the GM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1