locked in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Grit dog sometimes people add relays to windows to give them direct power from battery- when they do they USUALLY use the original window circuit to activate the relays. If someone added relays they are usually in the door under the arm rest & there should be wires running directly to battery with fuses in them.
Makes sense.
Ya, no additional relays or rewiring to the windows and door locks that I’ve seen. And I’ve had the door panels off and apart during painting.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
nope they were locked.. it seemed like there was power going to the lock holding them in the locked position...
It must have had an electrical gremlin of some sort.....
Its funny that the passenger door finally opened when flipping the switch up an down and the drivers door did not.
My truck has power locks. From time to time the passenger door lock will not pop up. When this happens even using the key externally on the passenger door it won't pop up. If I mess with the lock button enough on drivers side it will eventually pop up. It worries me that it may lead to something more serious, like this for example...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef