HRPC come in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I"ve already thought of the thread being Debunked. Just figured I'd let this continue for how, and I"ll seperate it later. We're not about to have have a Controller operated 4L80-E conversion thread be Titled, "HRPC Come In". I'm sure it'll end up a Sticky thread if we don't lose Nick on the conversion. So carry on, I've got ideas.

That Dodge V6 Diesel will be bad ass. They won't make those fast enough. Plan on paying sticker price for those cus with the demand, Diamler Chrysler and the Dealers won't be giving any incentives for at least the first 6 months and probably first year.

Chrysler mostly owns Benz,Several years back Ford was`nt going to renew the contract wit Chrysler for the cummins {owned by Ford} so Chrysler went to Benz and told them they wanted a diesel engine that`d do dis and dat and another thingey or two,and so,Benz built them a engine,a dang fine one too,Chrysler come out with their plans and Ford sung a different tune and renewewd them contracts immediately.
That engine had a whole bunch of FT. LBS. of torque and excellent fuel mileage.Chrysler did put out a "FEW" of those engines but then went with an inline 5 cylinder that makes as good of horses as the Cummins and has more power and better fuel mileage too.
So,if Youre going todo a swap and room unner the hood is limited then start scrapping for one a them 5 cyl. Benzeseses.
Mail carrier has one in a huge van he bought brand new,He had switched from cummins and had no complaints with cummins,bnut now that He has had this Benz engine He aint going back.thats all for My rant for now.LOLOLOL:shakehead:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Chrysler mostly owns Benz,Several years back Ford was`nt going to renew the contract wit Chrysler for the cummins {owned by Ford} so Chrysler went to Benz and told them they wanted a diesel engine that`d do dis and dat and another thingey or two,and so,Benz built them a engine,a dang fine one too,Chrysler come out with their plans and Ford sung a different tune and renewewd them contracts immediately.
That engine had a whole bunch of FT. LBS. of torque and excellent fuel mileage.Chrysler did put out a "FEW" of those engines but then went with an inline 5 cylinder that makes as good of horses as the Cummins and has more power and better fuel mileage too.
So,if Youre going todo a swap and room unner the hood is limited then start scrapping for one a them 5 cyl. Benzeseses.
Mail carrier has one in a huge van he bought brand new,He had switched from cummins and had no complaints with cummins,bnut now that He has had this Benz engine He aint going back.thats all for My rant for now.LOLOLOL:shakehead:

Other way around...Daimler Benz owned Chrysler. Ford only had 15-20% stock in cummins, but never owned it. There was a benz diesel v 6 that was used in the european chrysler 300 touring wagon. something like 285 HP and 34 mpg.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And Ford only used Cummins in Medium Duty trucks and Heavy Duty trucks, along with Cats.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is that not what we have in the Pete and the Kenworth at the Tow Yard? I'm thinking so. They've been good. Well, I say that... The Pete had to have a camshaft at 250,000. and is close to 400,000 now. The Ken is well over 400,000 now and nothing been done to it as far as the motor.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
There was a rumor that ford owned cummins but they were a minority stock holder with no control as stated by Jim. Cummins has bought those shares back and always has been there own company. Both engines would be awesome in a swap.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Is that not what we have in the Pete and the Kenworth at the Tow Yard? I'm thinking so. They've been good. Well, I say that... The Pete had to have a camshaft at 250,000. and is close to 400,000 now. The Ken is well over 400,000 now and nothing been done to it as far as the motor.

A body decomposes faster than a C7 will get you off a freeway shoulder...with no load behind you. My experience was in a short wheelbase F750 conventional.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
There was a rumor that ford owned cummins but they were a minority stock holder with no control as stated by Jim. Cummins has bought those shares back and always has been there own company. Both engines would be awesome in a swap.

A 3.9 ISB 4 cylinder would be the **** in my burb, cant get them in the states the last time I checked though....and if my burb was a 73-74

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
A 3.9 ISB 4 cylinder would be the **** in my burb, cant get them in the states the last time I checked though....and if my burb was a 73-74

Sure ya can you're thinking of the isf 3.8/2.8. I can't find the first years of the CR 3.9, but they are available in fed ex trucks and probably others. They are available with an Allison.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Other way around...Daimler Benz owned Chrysler. Ford only had 15-20% stock in cummins, but never owned it. There was a benz diesel v 6 that was used in the european chrysler 300 touring wagon. something like 285 HP and 34 mpg.

Right after the scuttle but about the cummins,funny thing,them brand new "Sterling" trucks was coming out of the Helena shop wit them brand new Benzs engines.:whymewhyme:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
A body decomposes faster than a C7 will get you off a freeway shoulder...with no load behind you. My experience was in a short wheelbase F750 conventional.

Then that's not the same motors we have in the Kenworth and the Pete then. One of those is the ****** ass Eaton UltraShi_t, the other is an Allison. Both of those trucks, especially the Ken with the Allison, will take off no problem. The Pete will take off nicely until the UltraShit kills the motor to shift into 2nd, then again into 3rd. I'd agree, I did drive a F650 for awhile and it was a Cummins sled.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Forum statistics

Threads
Members