HRPC come in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Yup, if I was to diesel the burb, I would have to use one of the blue tech MBZ diesels, or be stuck with a 6.5TD
But I would need to prove it came from a 1/2 ton or less vehicle.
I dont mind V diesels, the one they have slated for the Ram may actually end up in GM models in the future, as I have heard that they own a piece of the company, along with Fiat.
But if GM gets their **** together when the new models hit in Oct., and they offer the MPG I am looking for, then it will come down to who will give me the best price, and whether or not I like the Ram styling or the GM.

Have you seen the price of a mbz diesel? That killed it for me. I've seen them 7 to 10 grand unless you know how to get one cheaper. Please share. Who owns a share of GM? I know they are using a mbz in the sprinter but in the article that's a v6 cummins. The mbz is an inline 5. I guess I'm confused.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I went ahead and looked those mbz engines up you are right about them being a v6, but they are really expensive. I could imagine trying to get swap pieces as well such as the transmission adapter and mounts. They look like they mount transverse are they all wheel drive? It appears to have a transaxle. After seeing some of the going prices of them i stopped my research when i did my cummins swap. I bet after it was said and done you'd be better off buying a newer truck.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Have you seen the price of a mbz diesel? That killed it for me. I've seen them 7 to 10 grand unless you know how to get one cheaper. Please share. Who owns a share of GM? I know they are using a mbz in the sprinter but in the article that's a v6 cummins. The mbz is an inline 5. I guess I'm confused.

GM owns some of VM motori, the Italian Manufacturer of the 3.0 slated for the Ram and grand Cherokee.
That 7-10 grand is on par with a new 5.9 Cummins with harness and ECM from the dealer.
An Inline 5 diesel, with an NV 35 or 4500 behind it would be sweet.
Sprinters are friggen nice. I drove a demo from a local tow equipment manufacturer with that bluetec, and I think the trans was an allison. It was A freightliner Sprinter, crew cab(chassis cab) with a 21 foot flatbed tow setup, with stinger. I had an ECLB 4x4 SuperDookie on the bed, an an 84 Caprice wagon on the stinger, and 5 people in the cab with me. was a 400 mile tow, plenty of power, and avaeraged 14.5 MPG. Boss never bought any for some reason, but it was a bad ass demo truck.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
They are on ebay used for 6-8 grand. There is a new one for 15. I've seen used 24 valves for 3500-5. 03 and up is what you would want if you went computerized cummins. I know your not interested, but there are reasons that is the most popular diesel swap. You know most common rails are very smooth. So much power and not near as loud. I love the tone my 03.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just calculated my gas mileage in the truck and came out to 12.2 mpg. Better than I thought! City and highway combined

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Just calculated my gas mileage in the truck and came out to 12.2 mpg. Better than I thought! City and highway combined

Buddy of mines dad has a sign shop. Had a bunch of scrap coroplastic sheets, so he goes out and starts making undercarriage panels for his 87 long bed R10...**** says he picked up almost 3 mpg...and his tires wer a little low. He is going to pump them all up to 35, and do an oil change, and see what happens.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
They are on ebay used for 6-8 grand. There is a new one for 15. I've seen used 24 valves for 3500-5. 03 and up is what you would want if you went computerized cummins. I know your not interested, but there are reasons that is the most popular diesel swap. You know most common rails are very smooth. So much power and not near as loud. I love the tone my 03.

Yeah, belive me, I am always interested in stuff like that, Just cant do it with a 1/2 ton.
Drove the Pentastar Crewcab today, but it was 4x4. Feels more powerful than an 06 Hemi, the 8 speed is smooth, and the MPG meter stayed at 22 onthe freeway with a pretty good headwind.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah, belive me, I am always interested in stuff like that, Just cant do it with a 1/2 ton.
Drove the Pentastar Crewcab today, but it was 4x4. Feels more powerful than an 06 Hemi, the 8 speed is smooth, and the MPG meter stayed at 22 onthe freeway with a pretty good headwind.

Yea, that pentastar V6 is awesome. I kinda wish mine had it instead of the hemi. Guys I've talked to have said it'll pull pretty damn good with that 8 speed trans and it gets way better mpg.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
forgot to tell yall that i made night shift foreman and tonight is the first night. Im over a turnaround unit in the biggest refinery in america and its just me lol. on standby. With internet lol.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
forgot to tell yall that i made night shift foreman and tonight is the first night. Im over a turnaround unit in the biggest refinery in america and its just me lol. on standby. With internet lol.

Congrats Bro! Came with a raise...Right?

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
thanks yep bout 3 dollar raise

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
That looks to be a nice unit, and very self tunable. Even comes with a hand unit to hook to it so you can do your tunning. I can see why the guys gave it a good review.

Huh huh...he said "Nice unit"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes