Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
not really stoked on the quality for a "Made in America" product. I'll probably be sending these back for something nicer...
You must be registered for see images attach
WOW, been using Hedman since the early 80's never seen anything like that, in fact I just bought a pair about 6 months ago for the Nova and they were perfect as usual, think I'd be talking to Hedman directly about that deal..

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

Thanks, that just made my day! Sorry it's at your expense, but that was some really funny stuff. WTH is that??? Lol. I had to port match my last Hedmans, but umm, yeah, they were a little closer than those....

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I've never owned a pair of headers that look so different from one side to the other...

not really stoked on the quality for a "Made in America" product. I'll probably be sending these back for something nicer...
It looks like a toddler cut those ports hahaha. That’s pretty damn terrible lolol I can’t believe that made it out of the shop it was built in haha

I’m sorry for your inconvenience but this is laughable I can’t believe you got that out of the box lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
this may sound like a dumb question for you experienced chevy guys, but what does 'tri 5' mean in regard to headers?
I think you mean "Tri-Y", that means 4 pipes into 2 pipes into 1 pipe, they are for bottom end torque... BTW, "Ti 5" means 55,56,57 Chevy.. :D

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I think you mean "Tri-Y", that means 4 pipes into 2 pipes into 1 pipe, they are for bottom end torque... BTW, "Ti 5" means 55,56,57 Chevy.. :D
BTW, "Tie X2" means one of these things... :D

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

I meant tri 5. makes sense about the 55-57 chevy as that is what they were referencing in the reviews.

I sent an email to hedman. hopefully I hear back or summit will take care of me. it's a tough decision though, as previously mentioned, most of the headers under $600 that fit what I'm looking for are hedman. I'm hoping they'll get back to me and swap out a pair that they have looked closely at before sending them.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I meant tri 5. makes sense about the 55-57 chevy as that is what they were referencing in the reviews.

I sent an email to hedman. hopefully I hear back or summit will take care of me. it's a tough decision though, as previously mentioned, most of the headers under $600 that fit what I'm looking for are hedman. I'm hoping they'll get back to me and swap out a pair that they have looked closely at before sending them.
Well, it's been quite a while since I talked with them and I'm sure the staff has changed since then, but they're customer service was always great hopefully that hasn't changed, sure hope that was just a fluke screw up and quality control hasn't gone down the crapper,that would be a real shame.. Anyhow, good luck sure hope they make it good for ya..

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Well, it's been quite a while since I talked with them and I'm sure the staff has changed since then, but they're customer service was always great hopefully that hasn't changed, sure hope that was just a fluke screw up and quality control hasn't gone down the crapper,that would be a real shame.. Anyhow, good luck sure hope they make it good for ya..
I agree, I hope it is a fluke. I'm $5k deep in parts on the truck this month alone. at this point, I'm thinking I just should have spent a little more than 300 on headers.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I agree, I hope it is a fluke. I'm $5k deep in parts on the truck this month alone. at this point, I'm thinking I just should have spent a little more than 300 on headers.
Yeah, it adds up quick, lol, I'm sure it is a fluke because the ones I just got for the Nova are small block and they were perfect, only took about 20 minutes to install they fell right into place, like I've always had them do..

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
What do you mean? Honkey is the one that's seen the Star Wars movies in the theater. All. Of. Them.... Lol

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Accually I haven’t lol. They aren’t violent enough lol
What do you mean? Luke got his whole arm chopped off. You need more than that??? Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly