Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Copper huh? I never would have guessed. Does it stick ok to headers with the paint already burned off and lightly rusted?
Honsetly, I don't know about that. We have a local sandblasting place that will hit a set for 25 bucks, so I've always gone that route. They're real careful not to get them dirty afterwards too. Here's a post from almost 10 years ago. Now you know how I felt, when I made mine..... Lol

HA HA HA. I just noticed the dude is from Oregon. Must be a local trick. (That wasn't a post from me. Seriously.)

• prostreet6t9
    oregon
    Oct 13, 2008 · #8

OK,I know I'm gonna get flamed on this one,but here goes!
    You must be registered for see images

A racer buddy starts with clean blasted headers, Paints them with copper paint,YES COPPER, And they are UGLY! After the headers heat up, the header turns a nice black and seems to hold up really well for him,the only time he has had any trouble's is when he is firing a new motor with them. I would've never believed it,if I didnt see it. Maybe someone else on here has heard of that,but that was a first for me.
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146537

Note: I corrected some bad wording in my last post.....

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Honsetly, I don't know about that. We have a local sandblasting place that will hit a set for 25 bucks, so I've always gone that route. They're real careful not to get them dirty afterwards too. Here's a post from almost 10 years ago. Now you know how I felt, when I made mine..... Lol

HA HA HA. I just noticed the dude is from Oregon. Must be a local trick. (That wasn't a post from me. Seriously.)

• prostreet6t9
    oregon
    Oct 13, 2008 · #8

OK,I know I'm gonna get flamed on this one,but here goes!
    You must be registered for see images

A racer buddy starts with clean blasted headers, Paints them with copper paint,YES COPPER, And they are UGLY! After the headers heat up, the header turns a nice black and seems to hold up really well for him,the only time he has had any trouble's is when he is firing a new motor with them. I would've never believed it,if I didnt see it. Maybe someone else on here has heard of that,but that was a first for me.
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146537

Note: I corrected some bad wording in my last post.....

Have read this about using copper anti seize to coat the headers also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54