Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
your stuff is to high for push bumpers to be effective anyhow lol. what are you going to push? the back window of a Prius or fiat cinco cento? besides, heaven forbid you try to help anyone by pushing or pulling them off the road to safety. they or their insurance company will surely sue you lol
Pure esthetics man I like them. I also have thought about mounting them upside down like fangs.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Pure esthetics man I like them. I also have thought about mounting them upside down like fangs.
no more hippopotamus, more like a rattlesnake at that point for sure.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I'm assuming 18 degree chevy is referring to angled plugs?

18 degree is the angle of the valve train/ cylinder head roll. It moves the plane of mounting intakes and exhaust away from the stock location.

Super-Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I installed Heddman Ceramic Coated Shorties on my '74 C20 Build. Gaskets blew out in just a few days. Installed Remflex Gaskets. By far the best you can get. One-and-done. No re-torque.

http://catalog.remflex.com/category_s/75.htm

Replace the Heddman stock crap bolts that rust (see photos) with ARP S.S. cap head bolts.

The ceramic coating started to corrode after a detail shop pressure washed the engine bay in preparation for a lot of sheetmetal and suspension work.

You must be registered for see images attach

If I had to redo it all over again, I would look at Stan's Headers out of Washington. Made in the USA and very price competitive. Add the ARP S.S. bolts and Remflex gaskets and call it a one-and-done install.

http://www.stans-headers.com/gm_headers.htm

Last edited:

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

If I had to redo it all over again, I would look at Stan's Headers out of Washington. Made in the USA and very price competitive. Add the ARP S.S. bolts and Remflex gaskets and call it a one-and-done install.

welcome beautiful engine

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Got some cheap headers. I think they're flowtech's. How long do you think it'll take for all the paint to burn off? Planning on spraying them with VHT exhaust paint.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Guess it depends on the paint and how hot they run, I've had them burn off within a hundred miles on cheapos, now I've got about 2000mi on my Hedmans and only the curve going down are burnt off rest is still there.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Got some cheap headers. I think they're flowtech's. How long do you think it'll take for all the paint to burn off? Planning on spraying them with VHT exhaust paint.
Get the paint off of them then repaint them with VHT

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This i going to sound stupid, but trust me, it works. Find the cheapest copper colored spray paint you can get. Wally world type. Not VHT. Like the dollar a can stuff. They will look horrible at first, but after the copper burns off, they will be left looking a dull black. The collectors will take awhile to change color, but end up looking good too, IMHO. Just a thought....

(If I was messing with you, or joking around; I would have said to use hot pink or something like that. Seriously, the copper works....)

EDIT: "burns off" isn't good wording. After they "heat up".....

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
This i going to sound stupid, but trust me, it works. Find the cheapest copper colored spray paint you can get. Wally world type. Not VHT. Like the dollar a can stuff. They will look horrible at first, but after the copper burns off, they will be left looking a dull black. The collectors will take awhile to change color, but end up looking good too, IMHO. Just a thought....

(If I was messing with you, or joking around; I would have said to use hot pink or something like that. Seriously, the copper works....)

Copper huh? I never would have guessed. Does it stick ok to headers with the paint already burned off and lightly rusted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL