Got my wife a newer Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
We had been looking at trading in her 2008 Jeep Wrangler for something better as the Jeep just wasn’t a good family car and had a lot of quirks I guess you could say. We found this 2008 Tahoe about two weeks ago and finally had a chance to go check it out and we got a deal worked out and brought it home. It is a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and has everything, even the captain chairs in the rear. It has 158k miles on it but you can’t even tell. The first impressions driving it were great, everything is awesome on it and it’s very comfortable. Will be perfect for her, my daughter and our soon to be newborn daughter. I feel much more comfortable with her in this than her jeep. I know these Tahoe’s are tanks, my 01 is a trooper too.

You must be registered for see images attach

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Tahoe. What color interior

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
new found respect for them after an experience earlier this year. We were out on Ft Stewart hunting hogs. We got stuck in a 2014'ish crewcab Ford Diesel in what looked to be just a smooth mud hole on a dirt road down in GA. We had to crawl out the winda's on this one it sank so deep....I mean the ground was at window level lol....that bad.

Then this rotted out 2000'ish tahoe pulls up with what looks to be an Aussie (bowie knife and all) drivin'. He put on a big tow strap and floored it with 15' slack. That one didn't do it, so he got about a 25' run and yanked it out.....and both were in reverse!! lol I've never been more embarrassed and proud at the same time ever in my life. No I wasn't the driver nor my truck lol.

It'll be a good joke this hunting season when we get back together. A POS beat to death Tahoe yanked out a $55k Ford (so called 4x4). Then we'll lay it on thicker with driver error after a few more cold beverages.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
Now get your butt over to tahoeyukonforum.com if you haven't already.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Certainly a step up going from the Jip to the Hoe.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I like the pic of your old Hoe and your new Hoe together.

Nice score, they are definitely nice drivers. 158k on a ls engine is no problem. Just keep an eye out for oil consumption, its not from being worn its usually the PCV system and / or displacement on demand and active fuel management. I'm not sure if the 08's came with that, though.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I like the pic of your old Hoe and your new Hoe together.

Nice score, they are definitely nice drivers. 158k on a ls engine is no problem. Just keep an eye out for oil consumption, its not from being worn its usually the PCV system and / or displacement on demand and active fuel management. I'm not sure if the 08's came with that, though.

I don’t think it has the active fuel management on it, but certainly will keep a check on it. My 01 uses oil some but nothing to bad. It’s got 206k on it

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Was looking through my plate collection and most of my plates are for older Chevrolet’s however I did find this nice gm performance plate and put it on the Tahoe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76