Dually Tires - M/T Tread... possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I recently bought myself a 87 1-ton R30 Dually Flatbed. Truck runs and drives well, and is strong, but it's showing age (rocker panels are about gone, as well as the driver side floor tub). I'm going to be using it to haul firewood, aside from the other random other junk I do. Alot of the wood i'll be getting is down some rough areas and i have a concern about getting down to the wood and not having the traction to get out. This is a 2wd vehicle, so anything i can do in the way of rears will help.

I'm a noobie when it comes to dually running. I'm used to a 4x4 single. I understand that there are factors here that i need to take into account, like load rating as well as sidewall depth to account for deformity at speed, but don't know if there's anything else. I'm not even sure if it is recommended to run an M/T in this application.

If anyone has some experience with this, i'd appreciate anything you've got to say, or even suggestions on what tires to look out for.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
im not 100% on this but i believe you could run a wider tire as long as you put spacers in between the wheels. This would give you more surface area on the tires and more traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade