Dually suburban... opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
So I was poking around the ol internet a few days ago and came across a couple pics of a dually burb.. I like the idea but not sure about using stock style fenders, mostly because how wide it will be... Any suggestions, opinions or pics? The only reason I'm worried about the width is because I'm planning on making it sort of a expedition style ride I can camp and work out of..

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
Something like this is what I had in mind, I like the way stock dually fenders look but I'm pretty sure I'd end up bashing them against a tree on one of my camping or climbing trips

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Man do the fenders - they look EPIC on a burb! If you are putting them on the one in your sig then daaaayyuuummm.....

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
Man do the fenders - they look EPIC on a burb! If you are putting them on the one in your sig then daaaayyuuummm.....

yep that'd be the one,.. I do love the way the full fenders look but I'm worried I'll tear them off... Alot of the places I go to camp and climb/cave get pretty narrow in places... Wish i could post picks from this crappy phone, there is a sweet pic of a burb with the full fenders on Google...if anybody has any feel free to put them in this thread...

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
The ultimate Dually Suburban. I loved 89-91 burbs before this movie, but this cemented my love of these trucks.

You must be registered for see images

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Full fenders would be awesome if you could keep from ripping them off.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
The ultimate Dually Suburban. I loved 89-91 burbs before this movie, but this cemented my love of these trucks.

You must be registered for see images

its been forever since I've seen that movie, didn't they destroy that burb towards the end? That thing was pretty damn sharp..

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
It wasn't really destroyed, just horrible CGI. It was for sale on the internet a while ago still in great shape.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
What movie is that?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What movie is that?

Twister.

I like dually Burbs, but the fenders need to be the special aftermarket ones meant for Burbs. The factory dually fenders overlap the fuel door and rear doors.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
I knew about the fuel door issue, was wondering about the rear doors... Anyone know of a company that makes the fenders specially for the suburbans?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think a company named Arrowcraft still makes them, but I'm sure they aren't cheap. I've seen the used Burb conversion type fenders before on craigslist, for around 100-150 bucks. Don't see them too often, but they do pop up.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
Gonna have to keep a look out for a used set.. Found the arrowcraft site but $500+ is a little outside my budget ...

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
yep that'd be the one,.. I do love the way the full fenders look but I'm worried I'll tear them off... Alot of the places I go to camp and climb/cave get pretty narrow in places... Wish i could post picks from this crappy phone, there is a sweet pic of a burb with the full fenders on Google...if anybody has any feel free to put them in this thread...

There has to be a way to make them removable for driving through the rough stuff. Could it be possible to reinforce them so they dont break? Maybe some aluminum mounted to the front of them to keep weight down and branches from punching holes in them,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bennlenl