Diesel Brothers build a Square for Wet Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I like the soft topper soft top. Have the same and it's awesome :D. I don't like the wheels. But every build is a matter off taste.

I'd really like a soft top for mine too but they're so damn expensive. What brand do you have? Any leaks? Is it noisy flapping around? I want to go soft top and pick up tailgate with mine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd like mine to be almost identical to this truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I'd like mine to be almost identical to this truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

I like the rocket launcher nerf bars

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I'd really like a soft top for mine too but they're so damn expensive. What brand do you have? Any leaks? Is it noisy flapping around? I want to go soft top and pick up tailgate with mine.

I have the soft topper in black. Installation took 2 hours w/o help. No flapping or noises. It's a bit louder than the hardtop but with loud pipes you never recognize that.
They also include a bottle of seam sealer if any of the stitches leaks. It's worth the money, the fabric is real thick. Soft topper offers spare parts like buttons and plastic parts if something breaks. I bought mine at offroad design for 929$.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have the soft topper in black. Installation took 2 hours w/o help. No flapping or noises. It's a bit louder than the hardtop but with loud pipes you never recognize that.
They also include a bottle of seam sealer if any of the stitches leaks. It's worth the money, the fabric is real thick. Soft topper offers spare parts like buttons and plastic parts if something breaks. I bought mine at offroad design for 929$.
I can wish in 1 hand and **** in the other. I really wanted a pick up tailgate and soft top. It appears I keep the hard top and build the off-road rack on top to justify it and pretend I didn't want the soft top and tailgate.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I didn't change the tailgate, they cost a fortune in Europe. I just removed the window and made a molding to hide the gap on top.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've never been a fan of Diesel Brothers. I haven't seen one truck of theirs that I actually like. They remind me of Texas Metal except they go up instead of down. This video just shows you how much poor planning they do. They didn't find out what the customers needs were before building an entire trailer, spending hundreds or man hours which I'm sure they charged for. This is why I do all my own work. I can't say I like this truck either. I hate the wheels, both size and how far they stick out. About the only thing I like is they made it a round eye.

Yup, that is a LH Dana 44. Not to mention they bent the tie rod to go around the cover instead of using a high steer setup. The rear is a 11.5" 14 bolt though.
Yea but that is the type wheels that the BroDozer crowd likes. Diesel Bros like big black wheels that hang out?

They have some good ideas and mods I have seen on a few episodes I have seen parts of but then go and F it up with 26" or 24" black rims or make it stupid in so many other ways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD