Crappy running 85 GMC.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Well instead of getting a vacuum gauge and or timing light I went to game stop and got a hard drive for my Xbox so I can download the new maps being released for Black Ops on Feb. 1st. Im gonna quit screwing with it for a while and see if I get a job. I will worry about how it runs then haha.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is that a regular Xbox??? I have one here that was given to me and said to have a bad HDD in it. I have a 80Gig Maxtor hard drive that I am gonna rewrite some data too and make it operable in the Xbox. I thnk that doubles the capacity, then my son can copy games he borrows to the HDD and he'll have them pre installed. Don't ask me how thuogh, I don't play Xbox, I just HotRod them like I do everything else. Make it better than new. I've worked over a few Razr cell phones before too. Not sure why, I always like things hotrodded and better than new !!!

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well instead of getting a vacuum gauge and or timing light I went to game stop and got a hard drive for my Xbox so I can download the new maps being released for Black Ops on Feb. 1st. Im gonna quit screwing with it for a while and see if I get a job. I will worry about how it runs then haha.

:roflbow:...Sometimes it's just better to step away, and tackle **** some other day...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Is that a regular Xbox??? I have one here that was given to me and said to have a bad HDD in it. I have a 80Gig Maxtor hard drive that I am gonna rewrite some data too and make it operable in the Xbox. I thnk that doubles the capacity, then my son can copy games he borrows to the HDD and he'll have them pre installed. Don't ask me how thuogh, I don't play Xbox, I just HotRod them like I do everything else. Make it better than new. I've worked over a few Razr cell phones before too. Not sure why, I always like things hotrodded and better than new !!!

Its the xbox 360, I got a 120 GB hard drive for 70 bucks! Its plenty for what I need, Now I can blast some slipknot on my surround sound while playing online. The main reason was the map packs the release every once in a while. Video games are evolved now, instead of just buying a game and playing it until you beat it and buying another you just spend 60 bucks on one game and play it online until the next version comes out. Every 4 months or so they offer downloads to keep everything fresh and fun.

:roflbow:...Sometimes it's just better to step away, and tackle **** some other day...

Thats what I said dude, I am done screwing with it for a good while. I work on it in short bursts so I dont get burned out on it. This last session did not fix the problem and I spent about 200 bucks but at least I can rule out the distributor and carb being junk.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I got bored so I pulled the number 2 and 4 plug for inspection. Both are fouled like crazy. Not a dry black but shiny nasty and covered in carbon.

I thought I would check out the rockers and push rods, everything looks to be in order. I also noticed puddles of oil in the intake around the bolts going into the heads.

Im not sure where to go from here with this truck.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
sounds like you're getting too much fuel.

As for oil in them intake bolts, had it, been that way for years, 2 sets of gaskets and new intake still does, thing is you need rtv or another thread sealer on them. I had mine done that way and it worked good for awhile, had to jerk the intake and heads off and do a valve job, forgot to put it back on so it still does it.

I'm surprised it runs wel idles smooth if they are wet like that.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Clean your plugs and reinstall them. You might have that fouling problem fixed now with the carb rebuild.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Thats what I said dude, I am done screwing with it for a good while. I work on it in short bursts so I dont get burned out on it. This last session did not fix the problem and I spent about 200 bucks but at least I can rule out the distributor and carb being junk.
That's the way I feel right now too. :roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Clean your plugs and reinstall them. You might have that fouling problem fixed now with the carb rebuild.
Watch your tounge!!! :roflbow:

Last edited by a moderator:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:think: "tongue" is still spelled wrong in his post, though :think:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:think: "tongue" is still spelled wrong in his post, though :think:

It is but I fixed it in his quote. But I also fixed his quote that he fixed to say fuc*ing problem. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: He just thought he was gonna make me use a wirty dord. I do enough of that on my own, I don't need any help with those. :roflbow::roflbow:

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD