85’ K20 running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85K2500

Reaction score
First Name
Cooper
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 small block
My 85 GMC truck with a 350 ran out of gas about a month ago and has ran rough ever since. I was driving when it all of a sudden started sputtering and lost all power. I noticed when I looked under hood it had dirt in filter so I cleaned it out and ran it, then cleaned it again, still ran rough so I switched to left tank and it still ran rough. I finally swapped fuel pumps since it hasn’t been swapped in a few years and still didn’t fix the problem. I cleaned my carb out multiple times and even put a different carb on it and I’m still having trouble. It’s getting fuel in the filter and I can clearly see the squirters, squirt fuel when I hit throttle, also no more dirt in filter. What else could be causing me trouble? Could the main fuel line coming from tanks have chunks of rust or debris and it’s not getting enough fuel? Runs rough at idle and low rpms, shakes like it’s going to die when put in gear and even when in park.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Stock HEI ignition?

85K2500

Reaction score