Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Well damn, pics won't post.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I've been looking for a car that get's great gas mileage so the wife can go see the grand kids more often. Last week I spotted one on CL. 2007 Sonata for $1000. Low mileage and "like new". I emailed the guy. His reply was that he's being shipped overseas and needs to get rid of it. He wanted to sell it thru eBay. I replied that I had cash and haven't heard from him since. I googled internet car sale scams and this was one of them.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I've been looking for a car that get's great gas mileage so the wife can go see the grand kids more often. Last week I spotted one on CL. 2007 Sonata for $1000. Low mileage and "like new". I emailed the guy. His reply was that he's being shipped overseas and needs to get rid of it. He wanted to sell it thru eBay. I replied that I had cash and haven't heard from him since. I googled internet car sale scams and this was one of them.

Yep, pretty textbook example.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Appears to be a cucv too, judging by the brush guard and tow shackles.
He may have gotten some parts off of a CUCV but that's not a CUCV. No Crew CUCVs that I'm aware of.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Huh. That's odd. Now that you mention it, I don't recall hearing of many either. However, the guy I picked up my cucv from had a crew that was set up the same way, that also came from a gov auction. I wonder if maybe one of the other branches other than the Army had some? I've got the DOD manual at home, I'll check tonight to see what body styles are listed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Huh. That's odd. Now that you mention it, I don't recall hearing of many either. However, the guy I picked up my cucv from had a crew that was set up the same way, that also came from a gov auction. I wonder if maybe one of the other branches other than the Army had some? I've got the DOD manual at home, I'll check tonight to see what body styles are listed.

The military is allowed to purchase other vehicles just as any other Fleet company would but there were no Crew Cab CUCVs as we know CUCV's so the powertrain and features would be just like any other civilian of fleet truck. Like the 24 Volt system, dual alternators, black out lights etc. And probably not the CUCV brush guard and shackles either.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah the more I think back, the more I'm sure the crew he had didn't have a brush guard or shackles.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Yeah, classic scam...

It's too bad because when I call people from out of state, because I travel and want rust free parts, alot of them just hang up on me now lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Didn't have my cellphone to take a few pics, and it's not on craigslist either. My neighbor hollered at me askin' if I could help him clean out his gutters. I noticed his garage was open.....he's got an 88 Cadillac Brougham with 36k miles on it.....and has never seen a wet road (according to him....and I take his word). Seems his fuel vent is clogged or collapsed as gas comes out when he fills it up. Otherwise.....it looks immaculate. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Didn't have my cellphone to take a few pics, and it's not on craigslist either. My neighbor hollered at me askin' if I could help him clean out his gutters. I noticed his garage was open.....he's got an 88 Cadillac Brougham with 36k miles on it.....and has never seen a wet road (according to him....and I take his word). Seems his fuel vent is clogged or collapsed as gas comes out when he fills it up. Otherwise.....it looks immaculate. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
So is it for sale? If it has sat for a long length in the garage without being ran, I'd be afraid a rodent has built a nest somewhere and clogged up the fuel system.

So are you saying it's for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe