89S's Pull A Part Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Did some scouting today. All the same stripped to **** squares that been there 2 years ago. :shitsweak:

There was one new donor K-10. I am going to try and get in there tomorrow and hit it. It's got a visor and still has the gauge cluster in it I want to grab. There is a sliding rear window in it with a broken latch. Somebody already yanked the heater controls, heat only basic truck, hand crank windows. Drive train is still there amazingly. I looked behind the bench seat and there were two factory mounted rear speakers and brackets in the corners, they will be mine as well. I'm wondering if I should grab that grille too_On may way out I walked down the Jeep isle and there are plenty of more shafts that showed up, one was even left laying there for the taking in the engine compartment so Mr Marty you are covered buddy. Not bad for going there on a scouting mission and walking out with a Jeep shaft, no tools needed! :High 5: I seem to be the only one to know of that shaft trick that goes to this yard, they go totally ignored and can get them cheap. Scary thing though is the lack of new squares. The big thing was the double in size of GMT 400 parts trucks, I was amazed. Few pics. First two pics were cars for sale. Saw quite a few GMT 400's with drop spindles on them sitting there for the taking, like 5 trucks:

You must be registered for see images

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
The k10 looks solid :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:).

jason81k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
How much are you wanting to get for a good gauge cluster?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
How much are you wanting to get for a good gauge cluster?

Not thinking about a price, just trying to save it from oblivion or getting sent to another country or scrap.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hey that last truck appears to have the black interior, people are always looking for that stuff. Especially the seatbelts, but the bolts can be a pain if they are torx.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
hey that last truck appears to have the black interior, people are always looking for that stuff. Especially the seatbelts, but the bolts can be a pain if they are torx.

10-4

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did some scouting today. All the same stripped to **** squares that been there 2 years ago. :shitsweak:

There was one new donor K-10. I am going to try and get in there tomorrow and hit it. It's got a visor and still has the gauge cluster in it I want to grab. There is a sliding rear window in it with a broken latch. Somebody already yanked the heater controls, heat only basic truck, hand crank windows. Drive train is still there amazingly. I looked behind the bench seat and there were two factory mounted rear speakers and brackets in the corners, they will be mine as well. I'm wondering if I should grab that grille too_On may way out I walked down the Jeep isle and there are plenty of more shafts that showed up, one was even left laying there for the taking in the engine compartment so Mr Marty you are covered buddy. Not bad for going there on a scouting mission and walking out with a Jeep shaft, no tools needed! :High 5: I seem to be the only one to know of that shaft trick that goes to this yard, they go totally ignored and can get them cheap. Scary thing though is the lack of new squares. The big thing was the double in size of GMT 400 parts trucks, I was amazed. Few pics. First two pics were cars for sale. Saw quite a few GMT 400's with drop spindles on them sitting there for the taking, like 5 trucks:

WOOOOHOOOOoooo, awaitning in anticapation.
Thank You very, very much 89.
Gauge cluster. there was a gauge cluster in a 3/4 ton 4X4 at the one yard I "USED" to go to. owner of the yard asks what kind of parts I wanted off of the pickup, told Him I would`nt mind snagging the gauge cluster out of that old red Chevy, "How does 25 bucks sound ??" told Him all I had was ten, He then tells Me "Well, I`ll tell You what, You have a nice day now." M-Fer`d rather crush that gauge cluster than take a ten for it. Fuggum, I aint going back to that C.S.er, no other yards here so now I`m screwered. :happy175:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Lol, yup. Folks love their black interiors.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lol, yup. Folks love their black interiors.

Is that black or is it charcoal gray? Isn't that the color I like so much???

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is that black or is it charcoal gray? Isn't that the color I like so much???

Yeah, that's the color you want. I don't know what color GM called it, but I think it fits the description of black, charcoal, ebony, etc.

78bigblock

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size

Not too bad for $220 $140 for the intake from a Baytown tx racer when I was passing through and $80 for everything else at a PAP on a half off parts day around Christmas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man