Broken hearted kid and fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Twenty ounces is a lot.
I thought we fixed this truck already?

Hey kid.

Ya oughta do like ricko suggested. You can do that, it aint hard.
I think pops is MIA, we should try workin on the boy.

Dont worry kid. We're gon fix it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
With all the fuel dumped down the carb, the oil is definitely broken down and you’re washing the cylinders. I would change the oil and filter soon. Also, spending too much time and money and not progressing much isn’t healthy especially working around gasoline. I’d keep it simple, take the easy route suggested by many and put some sMILES on it and move onto the next issue which will reveal itself sooner than you can imagine. That’s the fun part of owning an old ride, especially one which has sat outside for awhile. They’re mostly simple so you will learn the mechanics fundamentals and gather more tools and knowledge which will you will gain more confidence in other aspects of life. Peace!

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
I can, oh forget it.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 28

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Wtf! ?
I turn my back for FIVE MINUTES and you dudes are smokin pawt again.

I don't get this thread at all. They even had Johnny Cash's daughter in here sangin. Y'all still didn't straighten up!
now you get screamin chicks.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Why did this thread get polluted by off topic posts when there is a perfectly good thread to post music discussion?

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Why did this thread get polluted by off topic posts when there is a perfectly good thread to post music discussion?

I'll be the detective on this question. I believe this thread derailed when one or more forum members did not read, or maybe did not understand all the OP's posts. So their questions were already answered or addressed. Then without reason, insults were made because they were butt hurt, not receiving a timely reply.

The music was added by a butt hurt poster in frustration. Possibly to heal their butt, I do not know?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Lol. I didn't know I was butthurt, thanks for telling me ! :waytogo:
I like to derail stuff sometimes though but I also like music a bunch.

Uhh ... Where were we?
Oh yeah! Didnt somebody back a few pages said something about mixing up the connections?
OP dude said that they replaced all the rubber hose... I began to wonder if they could be sucking the line closed and wondered how one could introduce engine vacuum to the fuel system AND THEN I realized how off the track the poor thread was so eff it. Screaming chicks.

I reckon if you had a three way fuel pump you could introduce vacuum given the lines were switched but that seems hella unlikely.

If junior didn't disconnect from the tank and try to feed the whole line we're pretty much at a stopping point anyways.

Plus they won't post pix. Not sure how the whole "internet" thing is supposed to work without them. :shrug: makes it a lot harder.

Now would be an appropriate cue for more screaming chicks but dude called me butthurt and i'm gonna go cry.
A little.

Prolly gonna pick my nose too. Cuz IDGAF.
Welcome to the internet.
Oh ooh oooh!
Kool Moe Dee?
Hit it!

It's like the wild wild west in here. Poor kid.

+edit+
I sucked my thumb for a little bit too but I feel better now, thanks. Reckon that really did heal my butt! Wow.
AND THEN! I found a real-live picture of a "butthurt poster" and they are for sale at 15 bucks! But I don't even look liek that... So maybe i'm confused! :crazy:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jlynn79

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.0 Liter V8
So I’m going to put a electric fuel pump in my 84 k10 how would I wire it all up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad