89S's Pull A Part Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here in VA they use 2 types of salt. The regular stuff that to help the roads clear when the roads are bad and some liquid crap they spray on the roads before the storm hits.

That **** they spray on is probably the Mag Water I'm talking about. It does melt snow and ice great though. If they are pre treating then the **** can mellt as soon as it hits it.

In OK, they were going to try mag water on this one long bridge that was a curve in I40. They first tried it using trucks to spray it. Loved it Then talked about installing the automated sprinklers. After further research, cost of the system, cost of the product, and the health issues, City Council or ODOT shut the idea down thank god.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
That **** they spray on is probably the Mag Water I'm talking about. It does melt snow and ice great though. If they are pre treating then the **** can mellt as soon as it hits it.

In OK, they were going to try mag water on this one long bridge that was a curve in I40. They first tried it using trucks to spray it. Loved it Then talked about installing the automated sprinklers. After further research, cost of the system, cost of the product, and the health issues, City Council or ODOT shut the idea down thank god.

I think thats it, Mag water. Far as I know there still trying it out for 2 years now. This winter will be the 3rd year.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
True, I didn't think of that, but more of yours will be rust buckets huh? What a shame. You'd think with technology today another product will have been made or found to work as well or better than salt. But no, the new technology now is Mag Water thru automatic sprayers and sprinklers, and that **** is so bad, you can sit and watch it eat your vehicle alive. Even a newer coated car. It's magnesium and the **** makes salt look like a walk in the park.

Because they don't care. They want you to buy a new car every few years.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Add to list:

S-10 blazer fender flares, taillights, headlight wipers.
battery cables and ground cables
"P" coded 350 TBI EGR valves
Center console headliner hole pattern, brackets, etc...
Heater/A-C housing harnesses

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If you find those in Pennsyltucky...:deal: Or are you planning a trip to Germany or the U.K. that we don't know about? :rofl:

Just lookin out fir ya, didn't know that. :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Add to list:

S-10 blazer fender flares, taillights, headlight wipers.
battery cables and ground cables
"P" coded 350 TBI EGR valves
Center console headliner hole pattern, brackets, etc...
Heater/A-C housing harnesses

Who needs a Heater/AC harness and for what year model? They're different Dawg, so know the year model. I think it's like 73-77, 78-83 and 84 Up. Not positive. And hell now that I think of it, it may be the vac control switch on the controller that's different. Anyway, who needs it for what year and what vehicle?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Who needs a Heater/AC harness and for what year model? They're different Dawg, so know the year model. I think it's like 73-77, 78-83 and 84 Up. Not positive. And hell now that I think of it, it may be the vac control switch on the controller that's different. Anyway, who needs it for what year and what vehicle?

Tech Discussion forum under thread about heater blower resistor. Damned Tapatalk won't show a link to post.....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Tech Discussion forum under thread about heater blower resistor. Damned Tapatalk won't show a link to post.....

I'm pretty sure I've got the one out of that 81 1/2 ton 305/Auto truck with Heat and AC. IIRC, it needed one end put on something on the under hood side, **** I don't recall now, but I bet it's very useable, if the 81 model will fit their. I know it's got all the ends under hood for the blower motor, the resistor, the Low Freop switch and all that ****.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got a box to fit them HR and some peanut foam, just waiting to fill with other goodies before I send off. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2510.jpg
    IMG_2510.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 140

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:popcorn:

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size

they use sand here it is ok but makes such a mess

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Got a box to fit them HR and some peanut foam, just waiting to fill with other goodies before I send off. :)

Damn. Way cool Dawg. :waytogo: Take your time. No Hurry. I probably won't start this swap til Sprnig. Got way to much going on at the moment. Thanks so much buddy !!!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well I was hoping they would be open a half day tomorrow or something but it looks like not. I am itching to see what stock they brought in. I did see this on their website, now I know where all the parts are going that don;t make it to the PAPPY yard. :shitsweak:

Connors Used Truck Parts is located in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Our stock is one of the biggest in the USA. Every day we receive more than 50 vehicles. Many are completely disassembled and exported to our branch in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Our inventory is managed by computers which allow us to give you a swift service. If you are looking for hard to find parts we will find them for you. We can send the parts anywhere in the States.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS