1982 k10 to newer power train

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munrom

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra k10
Engine Size
Hello, im looking at getting 1982 k10 that the engine is pretty much wore out and the transmission is on its last legs but the body is still in good condition. I have a 1994 k1500 that the body is shot i was just wondering if the engine and transmission and tcase will all fit into the truck and what all i would need to come with it, ive tried google searching and really couldnt find anything that i was looking for but maybe i wasnt searching for the right things.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Engne and transmission will, but the t case would need to be swapped to a passenger drop with vss if using 94 transmission. Or just swap engine only.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Hello, im looking at getting 1982 k10 that the engine is pretty much wore out and the transmission is on its last legs but the body is still in good condition. I have a 1994 k1500 that the body is shot i was just wondering if the engine and transmission and tcase will all fit into the truck and what all i would need to come with it, ive tried google searching and really couldnt find anything that i was looking for but maybe i wasnt searching for the right things.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike
I'm gonna guess that the truck you're looking at is a 350/TH350/NP205 combo and yours is a 350/4L60E/NP241. This is just an assumption, but it would help if you could confirm or correct these specs. You would need the complete harness out of the newer TBI truck to control the engine sensors and transmission, but that shouldn't be a big deal since its your truck. I don't really see a way to make the transfer cases you have work. The cheapest and easiest thing to do, in my opinion would be to get a 1990-91 square body passenger side drop t-case so it'll be VSS ready and match the output on the 4L60E without trying to make the NP205 VSS compatible, which there is a company that does that, I believe. I'm not sure about driveshaft and crossmember concerns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04