‘89 Caprice Mini Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I love the car, but I'm jealous of your L03. My carb still works fine on my LG4 (267K miles), but hot soak at high altitude in 100+ degrees is an issue, especially with E10 fuel.
I thought I had complete fuel lines from an '89 this past summer. Had them ready to remove (incidentally, they are installed before the body is mounted to the frame, ugh!), and went to remove the hose that had been installed to protect the open ends. Found the engine had been lifted with them still attached, unrepairable kinks.
I think I'll go for plastic lines from a '90, if I ever find one.

It’s a great motor. Fairly peppy and it runs smooth at any speed and any load. When it ran, it made me jealous, too, because the L69 in my Caprice just doesn’t purr like that at idle. It’s probably a curb idle mixture/curb idle speed issue, but I think the carb’s fine. Would the lines from a ‘91-‘93 work? If I have my facts straight, it’s the same frame and same motor. Are you looking to convert to TBI on yours? This is the ‘84, right?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Transmission dipstick tube grommet. That happens because trans fluid eventually comes out of the torque convertor.

I wish I had an '89 Caprice with a 305...

God, I hope not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I had to do that on the Jimmy. What a bitch trying to fish in that little hook, pull the cable over the bellhousing so I could pull it tight with my other hand, and tighten the little bolt. Probably not as bad with a helper, but I wasn’t so fortunate. I would imagine it’s worse on this because of the clearance with a car on ramps vs a 4x4.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
God, I hope not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I had to do that on the Jimmy. What a bitch trying to fish in that little hook, pull the cable over the bellhousing so I could pull it tight with my other hand, and tighten the little bolt. Probably not as bad with a helper, but I wasn’t so fortunate. I would imagine it’s worse on this because of the clearance with a car on ramps vs a 4x4.

That was the TV cable... Right?

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Found you a parts car. He'll trade for a truck too....

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-caprice-for-sale-or-trade/6478990744.html

1985 caprice for sale or trade - $1 (sacramento)

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Found you a parts car. He'll trade for a truck too....

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-caprice-for-sale-or-trade/6478990744.html

1985 caprice for sale or trade - $1 (sacramento)

You must be registered for see images attach
Just take a normal set of wheels with you swap them at a car wash and leave them ugly things lay. ( that statement is inspired by a story I read today.)

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just take a normal set of wheels with you swap them at a car wash and leave them ugly things lay. ( that statement is inspired by a story I read today.)
Lol. Nah, those would be like gold around here. Someone would put em on their slammed s-10 4x4... o_O

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I don't know how those wheels ever became popular... Jeez.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok something more relevant
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The fruity Teletubbys are kinda dated lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Tinky-Winky is dead.
Is that the ***** purple one? Do you remember the recap on the drawstring dolls? I still have in my possession somewhere in this house the red one that says” ****** ******”

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Is that the ***** purple one? Do you remember the recap on the drawstring dolls? I still have in my possession somewhere in this house the red one that says” ****** ******”
I'm not sure because my girls were never into them. Thank God. You have a collectors item there!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Ha, I feel like a dummy. That show came out right after I was born so I grew up with them and actually enjoyed them when I was 4 and younger. I think I had both the red and yellow draw string dolls, but I can't remember. Didn't know there was a recall, though, till now. It's a little kids show, granted, but I've caught a few glimpses of the ones that toddlers watch now, and Teletubbies is like The Sopranos compared to that gay crap. Plus, it harkens back to a much simpler time so it's all fond memories for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula