Woodgrain Dash Applique'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Hey guys,
I'm looking to replace my dash bezel with the early style woodgrain bezel. I think it's '73 - '77 and lighter color than the later woodgrain. I found one but it doesn't have the cut outs for air conditioning like mine. I'm wondering if I could remove the wood applique' and just re-glue it on to my orig. black bezel without damaging it. Has anyone peeled one of these off before? Is the woodgrain applique' made of real thin metal or plastic?
Thanks, Greg

Attachments

• $_1.jpeg
    $_1.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 269

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Another option is Hydro dipping yourself, or having someone do it for you.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Simple answer - both the bezel and the woodgrain applique are plastic.

I had cut my dash to fit a DIN radio, but then later repaired the metal dash and went back to a dual shaft radio. However, I had also cut the dash bezel and it had a large hole in it. I had a Silverado wood grain applique on the bezel, but it was not affected when I made the radio cutout larger.

I bought a new black bezel from a vendor on eBay, and it had the right cutouts for A/C and the bright trim around the gauges. I then took my old bezel and very carefully worked a putty knife between the applique and bezel, and gradually pulled the applique off. I then sanded it down to remove the leftover glue and used epoxy to glue the old applique to the new bezel. It has held up well so far.

Bruce

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
That's what I'm looking for, thanks Bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast