wiring questions. bad ground?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok guys new problem. Radio is wired 100% percent correct I looked at it and ever had a shop look at it but for some reason the tail lights and radio dont work with head lights and cabin lights on..
Any more help?
Thx

Geez !!! This sounds really weird. Circuits that aren't even related are being affected by use of other things. My guess, and it's just that at this point, a GUESS, is that your chassis grounds need to be taken off, cleaned up, including the sheetmetal and frame where they go and re attach them. Maybe hit the metal with a portable wire wheel on a drill motor or something. :shrug: You should find some grounds on the driver side kick panel up behind the dash. IIRC, just aboe the E brake assembly. The other thing is fuse block itself. Pretty sure it's self grounding to the firewall. Maybe those mounting bolts need to be taken loose inspect, clean and re attach and tighten. Just some suggestions. :shrug:

Franken Chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
spend 2.5 hrs under the ass end in 4 in of snow and re wired the tail lights and now i have running lights tail lights and blinkers!!! but i only had them for 20 min i hit a bump and blew my 30 amp fuse, but now i can't keep a fuse in it, every 30 amp i put in blew. Short somewhere? i have also come to the conclusion the radio is shot and i ripped it out, easy fix.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
you have exposed wire somewhere and it's shorting out.

Franken Chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
ok that shouldnt be a problem then. when i go home from college i tear it apart and do it again. better in a heated garage than in the cold and snow

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Did you check the fuses with a test light or volt meter? It could possibly be the light switch or the combination switch. Does the radio turn off or does the light in it just go off?
OOPS! Did't read all of the thread. I notice it has 2 pages instead of 1. I guess it was a newby mistake. Sorry.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1