winter time project!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ha ha thanks! Been out 9 years after 25 with Ness in Seattle,don’t miss it at all!
Small world, I probably know you. I used to work for PCL in Seattle. I recall an operator/lift director, Greg maybe, who retired about that long ago. When Rick Wolff was still with Ness. Do you recall a girder removal/new girder over 167 in Sumner, back in 2012?. 550/450 2 crane pick and the old girder exploded when it got set down across the freeway? Big scramble to demo the girder in place (Jeff Johnson doing demo) while trying to get the Ness cranes broke down at the same time...

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And thanks for the pic of your truck. I'm in the middle of painting ours and getting ready to order the new pinstripe kit. OEM was 3 light blue stripe sand 2 dark blue, but really wondered what the opposite combo looks like, like on your truck.

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
Small world, I probably know you. I used to work for PCL in Seattle. I recall an operator/lift director, Greg maybe, who retired about that long ago. When Rick Wolff was still with Ness. Do you recall a girder removal/new girder over 167 in Sumner, back in 2012?. 550/450 2 crane pick and the old girder exploded when it got set down across the freeway? Big scramble to demo the girder in place (Jeff Johnson doing demo) while trying to get the Ness cranes broke down at the same time...
could be, greg hogan is probably the greg you are talking about, he retired before me,I heard about that, but don't think i was there on that job. I was on ness 180 lattice boom for awhile then drove truck cause my neck got so bad from looking up all day. Doug Yuckert and I were on the 180 before ness started with the big hydros. doug was running the 550 until he left Ness

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
I was there when Rick was working for Ness, I retired in 2013 june

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
Nice lookin rig ya got, hopefully I will get a paint job on mine some day, Do you know Coby Foust from the e- company?? he has his own company up here Foust Fabrication and Erectors

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
could be, greg hogan is probably the greg you are talking about, he retired before me,I heard about that, but don't think i was there on that job. I was on ness 180 lattice boom for awhile then drove truck cause my neck got so bad from looking up all day. Doug Yuckert and I were on the 180 before ness started with the big hydros. doug was running the 550 until he left Ness
Yup, Greg Hogan is who I was thinking of. I remember Doug too.
I don't know Coby or the Foust Fab. Not very familiar with NE WA. First project I have had in Spokane. I work for Graham Infrastructure out of Bellevue now, since PCL closed up shop for heavy highway work.

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nice lookin rig ya got, hopefully I will get a paint job on mine some day, Do you know Coby Foust from the e- company?? he has his own company up here Foust Fabrication and Erectors
I'm almost there with the paint! All the body work is done and I got the dark blue on it.

I've been relatively set on white steel wheels, the ones on it are 20 footers and didn't think I'd like newer style black wheels, but I like that look on your truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1368[1].JPG
    IMG_1368[1].JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 54

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
I went with 18" wheels, mainly cause I got a screamin deal on the tires, but also seems they are phasing out the 16 in tires since all the new rigs are coming out with 18 - 20 inch wheels. I think I will keep the same colors but re paint in a satin finish

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
welcome

Latest posts

Forum statistics