will a truck cap from ford work on my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
If I remember correctly, the biggest difference was that the ford cabs had a bit more a an angle than the chevy's did on the back where the window is. Otherwise I think the box dimensions are close enough not to matter.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
If I remember correctly, the biggest difference was that the ford cabs had a bit more a an angle than the chevy's did on the back where the window is. Otherwise I think the box dimensions are close enough not to matter.

Wait... what? On the cab end or the tailgate end?

I'm just going to mesaure it before I buy it. I also have no idea how it mounts on there.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Ok... the guy didn't answer the door when I went over there. I'm thinking to buy a toolbox instead of a truck cap, so I can still use the bed for hauling something if needbe.

I found this one, but does anybody have a recommendation on a better toolbox? Looking to spend $300 or less. I'd like to get as big as possible, for the lowest price possible.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-70...C-_-NavPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-203418355-_-N

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Used tool boxes tend to go for $150 in good shape. All the trucks I had before, always bought a used tool box.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah NEVER spend full price on a new box ever. They can be had for $80-150 all day long for ones in good shape that are either over the box or sit in the box.

Personally for over the box I'd look for a low profile but for in the box just get what fits.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Haha ok... $100 does seam a bit easier to stomach :)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/tls/5009813535.html

Right new where I work if these people respond I'll take a look at these tomorrow. I want the bigger one.

I would try and find a SnapOn Tool box
You must be registered for see images attach

These are nice because the handles are on the outside of the box. Such a PITA when you have to hop into the box all the time to open or close your lid.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man