Will a 1990 G20 grille and radiator support fit on my 1985 c10v

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuyc10

Reaction score
First Name
jesus
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 1985 c10 but I want to switch it to a dual headlight. I want to know if this switch is possible?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
No they are different. The van quad beams use the same bulbs as the pickups and SUVs, but the bucket, adjusters and hardware is different.
If you want that setup, you'll have to get the parts from a square body Burb/Blazer/Jimmy from '88-'91 with the quad beams. As far as I know, the core support is different than the earlier slope nose trucks. But you'll need the grille, headlights (including the hardware and harness) and the trim pieces around the headlights, even if the core support is the same.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No they are different. The van quad beams use the same bulbs as the pickups and SUVs, but the bucket, adjusters and hardware is different.
If you want that setup, you'll have to get the parts from a square body Burb/Blazer/Jimmy from '88-'91 with the quad beams. As far as I know, the core support is different than the earlier slope nose trucks. But you'll need the grille, headlights (including the hardware and harness) and the trim pieces around the headlights, even if the core support is the same.

I've never compared them side by side, but the main center grille might be the same on the van. That was the case with the earlier vans, back to '78.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
wouldn't the easier swap be to the higher trim model grille from the same year with stacked headlights to get separate high and low beam?

quaddriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy R2500
Engine Size
The big one
are you ANYWHERE near PA?

the cores and the valence behind the bumper are way way different, BUT the nice thing is, with enuf parts, all years square fits all years square (my fav years are the 79ish)

I have a 90 R2500 I am about to go retro on the front end...Corey wants to buy the parts for his chambersburg shop/carlisle, but I am not opposed to making a deal elsewhere....but my rad support is for the 8600gvw commercial duty 454 so the rad opening is quite larger...

zero rust, west coast truck...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising