Who has Experience with Sunex Low-lift Transmission Jacks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndianCountry

Reaction score
First Name
Kennozeedze
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Not sure what your asking.It looks like a good jack,well built.It you do a lot of tranny swaps/repairs,I definitely think that’s the way to go.Sucks to use that much money for a tool that may sit for long periods of time.That said,you’ll probably never have to buy another one.

I have a cheap scissor lift from harbor freight and while it did get the job done,it was sketchy as f$ck.Hopefully I won’t have to use it ever again.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I’ve always just used a cheap generic floor jack and some ratchet straps. I can’t see spending that kind of money on a specialty tool unless I’m using it several times a week. Just my opinion though.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I am a firm believer that a good transmission jack is worth it. I've used the really cheap China ones and they're SKETCHY, not only is it ****** parts/design/build quality, but it's just dangerous. Can't even turn the adjustment knobs with weight on the jack because everything is bent and ****** quality.

Chains start coming loose, the top plate is basically freely flopping letting the trans go wherever. Would be fine for doing an automatic in a square. But anything else and I want a good jack, itll literally cut your time in half if you have a good trans jack. Just did a Mazda b2300 5 speed clutch job and the jack made it a nightmare, even though it's a tough enough in the first place

IndianCountry

Reaction score
First Name
Kennozeedze
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Not sure what your asking.It looks like a good jack,well built.It you do a lot of tranny swaps/repairs,I definitely think that’s the way to go.Sucks to use that much money for a tool that may sit for long periods of time.That said,you’ll probably never have to buy another one.

I have a cheap scissor lift from harbor freight and while it did get the job done,it was sketchy as f$ck.Hopefully I won’t have to use it ever again.

have you seen this jack in use in real
life and what do you think of it? sunex makes 2 part numbers that look exactly the same, 7750c and 7750b. summit sells the 7750b and it has all good reviews, the 7750c from amazon has some bad reviews, some saying it was broken out of the box and the replacement failed after 2 uses.

lol yeah dude trust me, trying to get a transmission jack to Alaska has been nothing but a pain. Amazon says a big red brand transmission jack is 230 dollars shipped to Alaska. i might have to get that.

i am a mobile mechanic and quite a few people ask me to do jobs like rear main oil seals or clutches. not having shop equipment is holding me back some. plus i have a few 4l60's, this jack will definitely be put to work lol!

IndianCountry

Reaction score
First Name
Kennozeedze
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I’ve always just used a cheap generic floor jack and some ratchet straps. I can’t see spending that kind of money on a specialty tool unless I’m using it several times a week. Just my opinion though.

usually that is the way i would go, but i fix cars outside and on the gravel so i need a stable jack

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I fix cars in the gravel as well,my friend.No,I have not personally used that specific jack.

I can tell you that Hein-Werner makes the best jacks in the automotive industry.Might give them a look.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The bad Amazon reviews seem to be mostly from guys doing heavy duty truck work. I'd say it would probably work fine with any auto trans you'd find in a car or light truck. However, if you buy it from Summit, they will take care of you if you have a problem. They will also match the lowest "delivered" price you can find.

Unless the jack is something you'll use more than a few times over the years, you might want to consider renting one. I found one at Sunbelt Rentals for $34/day or $90/week. Rated at 2,000 lbs with 8"-31" lift range.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTGAP