White Tripod Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MylesNT

Local Info Bum
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I can't find them anywhere. Stainless steel all day long. But I can't find a set of white ones.

Like this
You must be registered for see images attach

The mount holes look like this

Obviously, I'm missing the passenger side mirror. I can buy a new mirror in white, but not the mounting bracket. Not that I can find anyway. I would like to buy a new set, but if I can find a new or used mounting bracket, I can paint the old one and that will be just fine. Dad says the mirrors are original to the truck. I've checked LMC, ebay, craigslist and all over the net and haven't found any used ones. There might be some in a junk yard somewhere, but the nearest yard I can walk thru myself is over an hour away, so it will be a while before I can go over there.

I guess if nothing else, I can get a new set of stainless ones, and have them powder coated

I figure this is one of the best places to ask for any ideas. Thanks y'all.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Stuck on the white huh??? What about upgrading to the Chrome paddle mirrors? They're all over the place too. :shrug:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Straighten me out here... Do you need the head or the bracket? When I was looking it was easier to find the brackets than the heads. I never saw the brackets in white, they were always stainless. So you will probably have to paint/powdercoat those. And I only ever saw one set of white heads, and those were used on eBay.

MylesNT

Local Info Bum
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I'm really stuck on the white. That's one of the things I'm sticking to on the truck. Pretty much anywhere that would be chrome was white and I want to try to keep that look. Green, I need the bracket. I've seen the head on amazon and a few other places in white. And we actually found a head without the mirror in it in a box in the barn. Im just trying to avoid spending the money on powder coating. But if I have to I will.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Stuck on the white huh??? What about upgrading to the Chrome paddle mirrors? They're all over the place too. :shrug:

I missed this before... whats this UPGRADE crap you talk? Our tripods are far superior to your dumbo flappers in everyway! :slap:

I will keep my eyes out for a lead Myles. I don't remember seeing white brackets in my travels, you may need to paint some stainless ones. And don't listen to HR on the white issue, this truck looks pretty good with white mirrors, wheels, and bumper...

MylesNT

Local Info Bum
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Thanks man. If you hear anything just let me know.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I like that you're keeping this close to original and going to go with the style mirrors that were originally there.

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Have you tried seeing if a fab shop could make you the mounts? The are just two or three tubes bent and flattened. It shouldn't be too hard or expensive to have made. You have the otherside to use for reference. I know my works fab shop could do it in no time (too bad we aren't allowed to do anything for personal use).

MylesNT

Local Info Bum
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
John, I never thought about that. I never think about the fabrication side of this stuff. I stopped in to update, I've been watching eBay for a few weeks for one. I finally found one this morning and I ordered it. Thanks for the thoughts and ideas y'all. I appreciate it.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a pair of White ones with everything on them, I will see if I can crawl into the back of my garage and take a few pics of them.

Edited. I remember I post pics of the parts I have on Facebook when I got them.

Attachments

• 283798_2076372981248_2144935_n (1).jpg
    283798_2076372981248_2144935_n (1).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 282178_2076373941272_2651973_n.jpg
    282178_2076373941272_2651973_n.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I have a pair of White ones with everything on them, I will see if I can crawl into the back of my garage and take a few pics of them.

Edited. I remember I post pics of the parts I have on Facebook when I got them.

Damn those doors are pretty! I need to get one of you Texas guys to gather me up some parts and then I'll come down and get them!

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Those I got them from a guy that was rebuilding a 78, his neighbors ratted on him and he ha to get rid of the truck as it was seating on pieces. The only thing I grab was the doors, hood and the bezels for the head lights and his head lights, all for 100. He actually prime and sand the parts they just need paint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus