Where do you mount your fire extinguisher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I mounted mine outside, which is just where I'd want to be if there's a fire. :Big Laugh:
You must be registered for see images attach
Sweet lookin ride!! Diggin the ol schoo look!

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I mounted mine outside, which is just where I'd want to be if there's a fire. :Big Laugh:

That's a sweet example of a 77. Nice!

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
If you don't have shoulder harness like my 76 didn't, I mounted it beside the passenger's head. And since you're tall, you can just reach over and flip the release and have the extinguisher in your hand in one move.

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
I also saw one mounted down below the dash on the driver's side by the vent.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
That looks like it would interfere with your e-brake.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Here's what I ended up doing. I found a nice metal bracket that bolts to the underside of the bench seat front metal lip to existing holes. It puts it in a convenient to reach spot, but yet it doesn't interfere. Looks cool too!

Here's a link to the bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015G3QXMY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_u878DbEG701F8

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
My seat doesn't fold forward. Looking for somewhere else to mount it.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
On my old 76 K10, I did not have shoulder belts and mounted it on the column behind the passenger's head. It was an easy reach for me. I could reach over unbuckle it and have the extinguisher in my hand in 2 seconds.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have an extinguisher that travels with me from vehicle to vehicle. It's on the stock plastic mounting bracket, with a big magnet bolted to that. Depending on the vehicle, it's either stuck to the inside of the cab somewhere, or laying on the front passenger floor, next to the hump. The magnet does a good job of keeping it from rolling around.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I have an extinguisher that travels with me from vehicle to vehicle. It's on the stock plastic mounting bracket, with a big magnet bolted to that. Depending on the vehicle, it's either stuck to the inside of the cab somewhere, or laying on the front passenger floor, next to the hump. The magnet does a good job of keeping it from rolling around.
Sounds like a lot of fuss to take it from vehicle to vehicle, not to mention easy to forget it and not have it when you need it. I'd maybe buy one or two more as funds permit. Also, these have an expiration date. Check the one you have to make sure it didn't already expire

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Sounds like a lot of fuss to take it from vehicle to vehicle, not to mention easy to forget it and not have it when you need it. I'd maybe buy one or two more as funds permit. Also, these have an expiration date. Check the one you have to make sure it didn't already expire

If I bought an extinguisher for everything, I'd be poor, lol. I normally drive one truck in the winter and then during the warmer months I may switch between a few vehicles every now and then. Many of them sit and don't get used, waiting on some work do get done on them. Its really not a hassle.

I do have a separate extinguisher for my wife's Burb. It gets kept in the LR cubby, easy access by just popping the hatch glass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg