Where can I find a fuel tank wiring harness??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So my truck will start and run and then will die. I have determined that the fuel selector valve is losing power, thus not allowing fuel from the drivers side tank to continue to flow. I have traced all the wires back to the rubber plug that passes through the firewall. I have power from the fuel switch to the firewall, but it is intermittent past the firewall to the fuel tank selector valve. I either need a new plug that I can splice the wires into, or a whole new harness for the fuel system.

Does anyone know if these plugs or harnesses can still be purchased and if so, where? I cannot find one anywhere.

Thanks for your time,

Rich

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Best place I can think of is a junk yard, but it's just one wire. I ran a new one for mine and spliced it to the old wire near the switch.

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I gave up and cut the rubber plug and put spade connectors on the ends and plug them in individually to each spade coming out of the firewall. I then put some wire loom around the wires and it fit perfectly in the hole and stayed somewhat waterproof. I shouldnt have too much water on that point of the firewall anyways. Long story short, it works:)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I gave up and cut the rubber plug and put spade connectors on the ends and plug them in individually to each spade coming out of the firewall. I then put some wire loom around the wires and it fit perfectly in the hole and stayed somewhat waterproof. I shouldnt have too much water on that point of the firewall anyways. Long story short, it works:)

:waytogo: And that's how it's done !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486