what transmission is best for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadianboy

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Idk much about the motor. It's mildly built with headers and some sort of cam. Idk any if the specs. So I won't need to get anything over 2000? I'm still hesitant about rebuilding it. I do need to save the extra 600 or so of getting it done. I can afford it but am saving to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadianboy

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
What would the consequence be of a mistake during the rebuild?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What would the consequence be of a mistake during the rebuild?

Taking it out it back out and figuring out what you did wrong. This is also why I suggested the shift kit for dual feeding rather than doing the trans mod method. Anything to make it easier and mistake free, the Shift Improver kit is the way to go. Some are going to disagree, so just warning you up front. And I do know some who have tried the trans build method, and took it out a few times and back apart to get it right. Just do the shift kit, follow the direction and be done. Th350's are not all that hard with the right patience on the seals and just making sure you don't have any parts left over unless there is reason to have them left over. Parts left over, mean you forgot something and most likley going to throw you end play clearances off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69