What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Because I know they are clearancing them for the new Series 3 model, I'd been looking at the top box for my tool chest for a minute. Thought about using a 44" instead of the matching 56" so I'd have a small top area still. Well, as luck would have it, I stopped at HF today for the cheapest brākleen in town and my free bucket.

Listen, we all went and got that free bucket, don't lie.

Lo and behold - they have the 56" top chest that matches my lower. So, I ask what the deal with this orange top chest on the black bottom? She says "We'd like to sell the pair, but..." I said what kinda deal can you make me on the top one? She says "20% off the clearance price?" I said - lady, get the cart and a young back, please.

So, $350 later(had $10 coupon) I have to re-arrange my garage today. The time to buy it is when you see it. I now have a matched box and it cost me waaay less than retail because I also bought my lower at 30% off, lol.

I have to cut out the drawers I don't use from the workbench and cut a shelf to move the fridge for it to fit though...

You must be registered for see images attach
Well I'll be dipped! You lucky dog!

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Well I'll be dipped! You lucky dog!
Then prepare to be Double Dipped...

I just got another $87 off! They emailed this morning an extra 20% off clearance. I called the store and asked if they'd honor it being like 12 hours difference. They refunded the extra 20% difference lol!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Then prepare to be Double Dipped...

I just got another $87 off! They emailed this morning an extra 20% off clearance. I called the store and asked if they'd honor it being like 12 hours difference. They refunded the extra 20% difference lol!
:eek::eek::eek: I guess I'm making a stop on my way home!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I stopped on the way home...there were no box deals to be had at all, everything that was on clearance was already gone. I made sure to ask the smoking hot redhead manager to be extra sure... :lol:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
When I went to tsc to get a cone for the dog I stopped and looked at the compressors. The 60 gal Dewalt was only 750 bucks. I thought it was closer to 1,000. The 26 gal Dewalt was 500. So the 60 it'll be. The other brand was a little bigger but 1,400 for it. Too steep for me.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Did a master cylinder, didn't want to work the girlfriend too hard lol. So I got this.

Quite a few reviews saying it was junk. The seal is too hard, the hardware is junk, it leaks, blah blah blah. I think half of them are just stupid, this one is just barely big enough to cover the 80's plastic master, you have to very carefully clamp it down, I just used a c clamp instead of the cheesy chains.

Seal was just fine, and if there was any defects, summit woulda fixed me up no issues! Also people trying to put 10 plus psi through it!?!? 5-10 psi works just fine. Worked great!

Last edited:

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Nice! I could see most of the buyers trying to max out the gauge like it's a garden sprayer. :anitoof:
I literally saw one review, it said something like "could only get it to hold at 12 psi, started leaking around 20 psi, doesn't make no pressure" I was like what in the **** are you bleeding?!? 3/8 brake line?? With 18 inch drums and 6 piston calipers??? lolol

The reviews talking about the gauge leaking or the hose leaking, sure yeah fine. But more than half were like this doesn't seal on the master it makes a bigger mess than anything else blah blah blah. They just have no wiggle room side to side on the plate, it has to be perfect.

As well as they couldn't figure out how to not make a mess lol. Just fill the master half way and the jug 3/4 full and you won't spill anything, no more than you would with a normal master swap and bleed. When you're done, you unthread the pump and it quite literally sucks all the fluid in the hose back into the jug. No mess.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
My buddy called me this morning, and asked if I wanted to go with him to some garage sales. So we pull up to one of the houses and she had a brake caliper compressing set used one time. 10.00 bucks couldn't pass it up.

Attachments

• 20230728_145035.jpg
    20230728_145035.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 42

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
My buddy called me this morning, and asked if I wanted to go with him to some garage sales. So we pull up to one of the houses and she had a brake caliper compressing set used one time. 10.00 bucks couldn't pass it up.
Me and the wife are out hunting now lol

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
A friend passed away and I ended up with a couple of his things. The genny on the left was his, but I don’t need two of them so I’ll probably sell it. The wrench set is just ridiculous. I have no need for wrenches in the 1.5”-2” range, and if I did, I sure as heck wouldn’t be using an open-end wrench on anything that big. The set is already listed on CL for $30.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Saw @TotalyHucked 's side locker, really liked it and wondered if I could catch a deal. After calling all the HF's in my half the state I found one. So for 20% off closeout I brought it home. Also, scored a 32" TV for under a C-Note. For considerably less than a tank of gas... I can youtube how to videos and buy parts from the garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man