What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got another 18volt impact , there awesome and powerful. You can get the rebuilt for 230 … new there over 500 with battery and charger

Attachments

• AA32685F-AED5-4C86-BD02-4CE0FCB86599.jpeg
    AA32685F-AED5-4C86-BD02-4CE0FCB86599.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 70

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
They just brought a harbor freight in my town. Literally just opened.
Bought the first thing there, a new pocket knife, because my old one broke.
Was walking round like a kid in a candy store, "I want that, I want that, I want that", hehehe.
I'm so happy. Gonna be buying so many things there. This next week I'm gonna make a list and buy everything I think I need or want, because I need new tools, and there having a 75% percent off sale for their first week.
You must be registered for see images attach

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got another 18volt impact , there awesome and powerful. You can get the rebuilt for 230 … new there over 500 with battery and charger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 68

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I could sharpen the original. but i haven't ever done that.

I've had these for a while now but forgot about them until AG mentioned sharpening chains. I was taking my chains to a local guy that would sharpen them for $8-10, which is cheaper than buying new, but still gets expensive when you're cutting old hardwoods and dulling them quickly. I don't cut enough wood to be of of those bad-asses that can whip a file out of my pocket and sharpen chains freehand, but I read some reviews on the PFERD ChainSharp CS-X and decided to give it a try. Gotta say, once I read the instructions and watched a couple of videos, I was getting my chains wicked sharp in no time at all. These things have already paid for themselves. The only additional thing you'll need is a stump vise to clamp the bar in if you're working out in a field somewhere. I bought two different sizes since my pole saw uses a smaller chain, but the technique is the same. Stihl sells the exact same thing with their logo on it, but PFERD is the original and cheaper to buy.

Last edited:

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Picked up this little low profile jack at Harbor Freight today. Nice little unit for the price.

I picked this up a few years back for $59,works good on low vehicle,like my C5.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350

I've had these for a while now but forgot about them until AG mentioned sharpening chains. I was taking my chains to a local guy that would sharpen them for $8-10, which is cheaper than buying new, but still gets expensive when you're cutting old hardwoods and dulling them quickly. I don't cut enough wood to be of of those bad-asses that can whip a file out of my pocket and sharpen chains freehand, but I read some reviews on the PFERD ChainSharp CS-X and decided to give it a try. Gotta say, once I read the instructions and watched a couple of videos, I was getting my chains wicked sharp in no time at all. These things have already paid for themselves. The only additional thing you'll need is a stump vise to clamp the bar in if you're working out in a field somewhere. I bought two different sizes since my pole saw uses a smaller chain, but the technique is the same. Stihl sells the exact same thing with their logo on it, but PFERD is the original and cheaper to buy.
Those two in ones are some good stuff.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Why do you want to know what tools I have? Hmmm,I'm going to go make sure the shops locked. Seriously does anyone have a GOOD battery terminal crimper I could beg some information from?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Bought this guy to use for rebuilding battery cables and car stereo cables.
@Maxwellvis used it the other day and says it works like a champ.
He and a buddy built new 2 gauge battery cables for his Cherokee in no time at all.
After using this do you like the crimps you get on battery cables? Could I beg you to get some measurements for me?

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
After using this do you like the crimps you get on battery cables? Could I beg you to get some measurements for me?
@Maxwellvis has used it to make his buddy a new set of battery cables for his Jeep.
@Ricko1966 What measurements can I get for you sir?

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

I have a couple of those too and love them. Fast and simple way to keep your saw sharp.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
If you could tell me what drill bits fit snug in the battery terminal dies.I was always going to grind dies in the jaws of some old bolt cutters, but never knew the diamensions.Im going to grind hex but the bits will tell me how big/small

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I will look sometime this weekend.
I have to move my dad tomorrow so we will see when I get to it.

Is there a particular gauge you are looking for?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Those are wire rope crimpers, i figure I could grind notches in an extra pair of bolt cutters to crimp battery cables. I figure 2/4/6 outta get anything done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-06_010018.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-06_010018.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey